chapter 2

(Autumn's pov)

"Told you I'd make it. " I whispered and climbed down from the roof.

My close friend Isaac gave me a hand Down. He smiled wildly his blonde hair over one of his brown eyes.

"I'm glad. You never come to these sorts of things. " he teased and we made our way to the bonfire.

Once a month the teens of our village held a bonfire in the woods. There was liquor and folk music people would just make up as they go. Sometimes they even told scary stories.

Once we reached the place I was immediately overwhelmed.

It was a bad idea.

There were too many young people in love. Too many young drunken fools.

"You alright?" Isaac asked offering me a drink.

"No thanks. " I smiled. " but yeah I'm fine. Go have fun. I'll make friends with the uh....trees. "

He laughed and walked off to a boy I knew he secretly wanted.

But could never have.

The world was sickening.

I sighed and found myself wandering away from the bonfire.

I was looking for something. I just didn't know what yet.

I don't know how far I had walked. Until I stumbled upon a man, with his back to me. Staring up to the moon.

His back muscles were visible through his shirt. His dark hair glistening in the moon light.

The man turned around and his cold stare held mine.

"Dakota" I said. "Oh my god Dakota" I cried and ran into his arms.

Whether I was hallucinating or not I prayed to God that he wouldn't disappear.

Dakota said nothing. But his body tensed, his arms to his side's, refusing to hold me.

I took a step back.

He ice blue eyes glaring. "What do you want" he said.

I stumbled back.

"I-I thought you were dead. You've been missing for 6 months! And that's all you say?" I was damn near tears.

"Maybe I've been gone for six months because there was nothing worth coming back for. " he hissed. His eyes not looking at me.

I felt like I had been kicked in the chest. And that's when I realized that Dakota was not who he used to be. Both physically and emotionally.

He was no longer the lanky innocent boy I once knew. No, his face was harder, his jaw more defined. His arms and back covered in tight muscle that hadn't been there six months ago. His blue eyes were no longer welcoming but...cold. there was an air of danger around him. Ink covered skin, pokingc out from the neckline of his shirt. Scars laced his strong arms.

Even his hair had gotten longer, almost touching his shoulders.

"You look different" he said. But it wasn't a kind tone. "you seem to be walking around with a lot of bruises these days. Id cover them. Someone might realize you're a joke. " his tone hard, his face masked.

I looked down and realized my shoulder was exposed. Revealing a purple bruise my father had left. I fixed the sleeve of my dress and covered it.
"What the hell is wrong with you ? What happened to you?" I spat.

And that was the first time he really looked at me. His hands in clenched fists.

He stepped closer.

"There's a long list." He said dangerously. " I recommend you stay away from me. "

And with that he walked off but I grabbed his hand and suddenly he was inches from my face. My breathing hard.

"Last time I saw you, you told me you wanted to spend the rest of your life with me. Now your back and you're gonna act like I mean nothing to you?" I asked. His face Like stone and expressionless.

"I lied. " he said cooly. "You never meant anything. You never will. I pitied you. "

I inched closer.
Any closer and our noses would have Been touching. "Youre lying. "

"Am I?" He laughed and suddenly I was being shoved into a tree.

I winced in pain but his eyes remained steady.

"I never loved you. " And as soon as the words left his lips, I felt whatever bit of heart I had left fall to pieces.

I bit back the tears that stung my eyes. "Then why are you back? Why come back?" I snapped.

He finally smiled,Wickedly, and said...

"Because Darling, I'm going to destroy everything in this town. Beginning with you. "