Ch•2- Cross my Reactor

"Jes, my mom's here, I need to go" April stood up from the couch and stretched.

"Wait" I shuffled on the couch "I thought you were spending the night!"

"I can't, sorry. Don't worry, your Dad will be here tomorrow so it's not like you're going to be here alone forever. Besides, you have that computer guy" Oh yea, Jarvis is always here "bye" April waved to me and ran down the hallway to the front door. I stayed put on the couch and watched her leave. It looks like I'm alone again. The house became eerily quiet, like the night that Obadiah came in and almost killed my Dad. That night still gives me nightmares.

"Ms. Stark" Jarvis spoke "I believe it is your bedtime"

"Well, Dad's not around to tell me to go to bed, so I guess I'll stay up"

"But you have school tomorrow, don't you?"

"Oh yea. That's right" I stood up from the couch and carried my plate to the kitchen "can you wash this for me Stan" I set the plates in the sink. Stan is one of the robot arms that Dad refers to as Dummy. I decided that he needed a name that is not Dummy. Stan made some squeaky noises and begun washing the plate "thanks bud"

I walked back in to the living room, feeling very tired. A news reporter was talking on the Tv about the Stark Expo, and about how amazing it was to be there. Everybody in the background seemed to be having a good time, except for me. I was standing alone, in the dark, with no one but Jarvis to keep my company.

"Is there anything I can do for you, Miss. Stark?"

"I'm okay, good night Jarvis"

     ***

The next morning came quick. I stood in the hallway with my book bag over my shoulder, ready for another day at school. Dad and Pepper would return back home while I was away at school, so at least I'd come home to a full house. I did miss the hustle and bustle that they provided "Did you get your breakfast this morning?" Jarvis asked as I started for the front door.

"Yea, I'm eating it now" the bag of cereal rested in my palm, and a bottle of orange juice "I'll see you after sch-" I paused as my attention was caught by the Tv. A familiar voice radiated from the channel. On the screen, was none other then my Father. He sat in the Senate Court Room, in front of the United States Senate in Washington DC. A panel of jury members were in front of him "What the fudge?"

He was in Washington D.C right now? Isn't he suppose to be on a plane heading home?! What is he doing in D.C? I was now crushing my Frosted Flakes in anger. He lied to me! He promised that he'd be home today! Looks like Dad broke his promise, again! Ugh! This is so frustrating! My lips twitched in anger.

"Jarvis!" I called. Dad was very clearly arguing with one of the Senators "did he.. tell you?"

"He did-"

      "And he didn't tell me? He told you but didn't tell me? Not-  not that you're any less important- I- ugh" stomped away from the TV "I gotta go, bye Jarvis" I stomped towards the front door and slammed it behind me, not caring that it was made out of glass.

"Good luck at school... Ms. Stark"

I walked down the driveway to the road where my school bus would pick me up. A few minutes later, the bus came rolling up the street "Hello Ms. Stark" the bus driver greeted me kindly as he opened the doors.

"Hi" I mumbled, climbing up the stairs and onto the bus. Like always, the kids stared at me and whispered. At my school, I was considered popular, yet I don't feel like a popular person. I'm just talked about a lot because of my famous superhero Father.