Ch•18- Nothing at All

A/N: It's my birthday! And my gift to all of you is this chapter (best present ever, right?) I'm kidding, but seriously, the best present ever is you guys! Thank you!! Btw, the next book is ready to be published, all I have to do is finish this one. I'll be sad to see it go but I'm pumped for the future. Enjoy this chapter! 🎂

     Selvig pulled a cylinder container out from the back of his car. Nobody spoke at Doctor Banner placed the Tesseract delicately in to the container. It would be safe in there. Steve stared angrily at the cube as it was enclosed in the holder.

     Everyone was standing in the middle of Central Park, everyone as in Selvig, Bruce, Steve, Dad, Me, Clint, Nat, Thor, and even Loki! Of course Loki had binds on his wrists and a mouth piece to silence him. Right now, he was a prisoner, and he was going to Asgard jail. We all traded our tattered battle clothes for more formal wear.

    I had on black, high waisted shorts with silver buttons on the front and back pockets, and a loose graphic tee tucked into the band. My bruises and cuts were still visible but they were going away now. Nothing was left but purple and yellow bruises.

     The damage to the city is still extensive and probably won't completely heal for a couple years. It'll take awhile to fix this mess.

     Once the Tesseract was locked away in the container, a wave of relief seemed to flood over all of us. Thor patted Selvigs shoulder kindly and took the container. Loki looked extremely pissed right now even though he couldn't speak. His piercing green eyes told the story.

     I stood with my hands linked together in front of me beside Clint and Natasha. Dad had his arms crossed over his chest next to me. Thor dragged Loki in to the center of the little circle that was formed around them. SHIELD agents surrounded us at all sides just in case Loki tried anything, but Thor was there, so that was highly unlikely.

      He and Loki gripped the sides of the tube together. Thor looks around our little team and nodded to all of us. I guess this is goodbye.
Then, an energy beams emerged from the Tesseract, sending Loki and him up in to the sky, and back to Asgard. The blue energy shot up towards the heavens, and slowly faded away.

     I felt a hand land on my shoulder, it was Steve. I smiled brightly to my favorite old man "It was great to meet you Jessi. I'm glad I got to get to know you in these few days"

      I grinned and turned to face him, giving him a light punch on the arm "I know you're gonna miss me. Don't be a ghost, I gave you my number, text me!"

     "Well" he chuckled, rubbing the back of his neck "First I have to get a phone" Dad came up and shook Steve's hand, sharing some kind words to him.

     I found my way to Natasha, she gave me a down-low high five "Nice work out there short stuff" she smirked.

"I learned from the best" I gestured to my red haired friend.

     "I know, I am" Clint smoothed out his shirt proudly, sending a wink to Nat and I. We both groaned. Nat went over to her car and removed some of the bags from the trunk. She was now returning to her SHIELD Agent job "Hey lil Stark" Clint called "you ready?"

"Yea!" I gave a thumbs up.

"Where're you going?" Dad asked as he strolled over to me with Doctor Banner at his side.

     "Clint said that he would teach me how to shoot some arrows" I pointed back to him over my shoulder "I'll be back tonight, don't worry"

     "I'm not" Dad ruffled my hair "I know you can take care of yourself" Clint stood beside me and we did our secret handshake, which was nothing more then a few fist bombs and hand explosions. We need to work on it some more.

    "So" I glanced to Doctor Banner after finishing the hand shake with Clint "you'll be hanging out at the tower for awhile?" I asked.

"Yes, your Father says that we have some things to work on"

"Oh cool! I'll help when I get back!" I clapped my hands together.

"Sorry kid" Dad shrugged "it's only for cool people"

     "Then how are you going?" I raised an eyebrow and crossed my arms. Dad gave me a 'very funny' look "anyway" I looked over to Clint "gotta go" Dad and Bruce shook Clints hand in farewell and headed for Dad's sport car.

     Clint opened the passenger door of his car for me and climbed in "SHIELD has a small little facility upstate, it's where I usually train. We can go there"

     "Training in a SHIELD building? Sweet!" I pumped my fist. Outside the car window, I saw Steve riding on his Harley towards us. He was gaining in speed and was about to pass us. I rolled down the window to wave at him.

     Now we were all going our separate ways. Nat went back to SHIELD, Thor is back on Asgard, Steve is heading off somewhere, of course I'll have Dad and Bruce, and Clint sometimes. It's just, now that we were all together and saving the world, it's going to be weird going our separate ways.

     We've only been a team for a few days but it's kind of like a family now, a weird, extended Demi-God, super hero family. I wouldn't want it any other way.

      Steve gave Clint and I small wave before disappearing down a side street. I sat back in my seat, not feeling sad like I thought I would, but happy. My life is just beginning. No matter how far away we get from each other, we'll always be together. Steve will always be there for me, I'm pretty sure Thor would fly down from Asgard and be there if we needed him, Nat will always have my back.

     And Clint, he's like my new best friend. In the few days that we've known each other, he's treated me like a life long friend, and I've done the same. He's almost like a mentor right now, teaching me how to shoot arrows and things like that.

I laughed, kicking my feet on the dashboard of the car.

"What's so funny?" Clint asked, driving the car on to the New York streets.

     I smiled and stared out the window. Graffiti art of the Avengers was painted on the sides of buildings. People danced around on the sidewalks with Captain America shirts and Hulk masks. Men had styled their facial hair to resemble my father. Everything was as it should be "Nothing" I sighed happily "nothing at all"

       A/N: I wanted the ending to be Jessi and Clint, one because I love Clint, and two I'm already in love with their friendship. I personally think Clint is flipping awesome and doesn't receive as much credit as he deserves.

    Also, this was the last 'official chapter', there will be two end credit scenes because I feel like making two... so anticipate those as well as the next book that's coming soon! Love all of you!