Ch•3-Happy!

I sat in my room later that week, hiding from the rest of the world. It was a beautiful day outside, the sun was shining, birds were singing. That whole argument with Dad had really gotten to me. He wasn't exactly mad, but he didn't even seem sorry. It was as if nothing had happened with him.

I slumped against the piano in the corner my room and played a slow song from the music book. Over the past few months, I'd taught myself to play to escape the boredom of this massive house. Dad has been spending most of his time down in the 'lair' so he could build more suits. Pepper has been going around and working her butt off for him night and day. On the other hand, I have been left out of this equation completely. It's like I don't even exist anymore!

I look from the notes of the music book to the keyboard of the piano. My fingers pressed each key sloppily, all the notes blended together to make a messy, out of order song. Then I noticed that, besides me, there was no other noise in the house. Once again it was quiet. Oh great, he probably left me alone again. I stood up from the piano and ran out to the hallway.

"Hello?" I called down the stairs.

"Jessi! It's Happy!"

"Happy?" I asked, skipping down the stairs. My Dad's chubby bodyguard/friend sat on our couch in the living room "Happy what are you doing here?"

"There you are" he exclaimed, spreading his arms out wide at his sides "Pepper had some things to do at Stark Industries, and Tony had an interview with ET so he will be home later tonight"

"Oh" I rolled my eyes "wonderful"

"He told me to stay with you until he gets back tonight"

I folded my arms across chest and raised an eyebrow "So, you're like my babysitter?"

"No" he said quickly "I'm just... uh... your preteen sitter" he lowered his head. I laughed at his awkwardness. At least Dad cared enough to not leave me alone in the house. He knows that I can't stand it.

"Anyway" I plopped down on the couch beside him and flipped on the Tv "is he on Tv right now?"

"He should be" Happy leaned back against the couch "you sounded nice on the piano. I heard you from down here"

"Haha, nice?" I gave him a humored yet confused look "It sounded like a dying Hippo in the tundra" The ET channel popped up on the Tv and there was Dad with the interviewer. He was giving another press junket interview about being Iron Man. How he goes around and saves everyone from danger, like Super Man.

Happy watched silently from beside me, becoming engaged with the interview. I would of payed attention, but the purse on the coffee table caught my attention. A small black gun hung out from the zipper "Can I see this?"

"Uh... sure, it's not loaded" Happy shrugged.

I reached towards the bag and pulled out the gun carefully "Nice purse"

"It's a satchel!"

"Looks like a purse" I sang, examining the gun in the grasp "what kind of gun is it?"

"It's a 9x19mm Walther P99, German semi-auto-"

"Whoa Happy" I put my hand up, cutting him off "I'm 10, let's not blow my brain with big words"

"Right" he smiled, rubbing the back of his neck "it's a handgun basically"

I curled my lips in to an 'O' shape as I peered down the barrel of the gun. It was a black color with a soft grip on the handle part. I had never held a gun before, it was lighter than I thought. The material used to make it was smooth under my fingers "How do I shoot it?"

"Well, you switch the Safety off, which is this button here" he slid the small grey slide that was near the trigger to the left. A mechanical clicking noise sounded from that "and from there you just pull the trigger, of course you have to aim to shoot the target"

I stood up from the couch and pointed the gun towards the wall. There was a small space in between two picture frames on the wall. I aimed the gun right in there "boom boom boom!" I made silly sounded affects as I pretended to fire the gun "this is cool!"

"Have you ever fired a gun before?" Happy asked, standing up next to me.

"Nope" I pressed my finger against the trigger. Suddenly, a cracking explosion sounded from it, causing Happy and I to spring back in shock. The sound rocketed around the house, making my ears hurt.

I stood completely frozen, the gun still hung out in front of me. A brand new hole with smoke steaming from it was in the wall between the two picture frames. I took a few steps forward and squinted my eyes at the hole. My hand brushed against it, the wall now felt warm from the bullet. I looked back to Happy who still stood in shock at the couch "So, not loaded... Huh?"

"That's impossible! It wasn't loaded!" Happy ran over to me and grabbed the gun "how did that happen?! Tony is going to kill us!"

"Not if he doesn't find out!" I whipped out a role of tape and removed a strip "let's just cover it up with this" I applied the tape over the tiny hole, careful to not make it all wrinkly "there" I smiled at my work. The hole was sort of invisible "that's Scotch tape so it won't last, but... I think I did a pretty good job if I do say so myself"

Happy wiped the sweat that began to form on his forehead "Why don't we just watched the interview"

I pointed to him
"good idea"

A/N: This chapter was so silly and fun too write, Happy is such a cool character and his relationship with Jessi is too funny. Thank you for reading! Let me know what you thought <3