Ch•15-Secerts

Pepper was right, the flight was excruciatingly long. Nothing but blue skies outside the circular windows of the jet. White clouds were beneath us, looking like a fluffy blanket, almost like they would catch us if the plane fell (not likely though).

    Pepper sat in the main room of the jet, watching the news. The reporter was talking about the upcoming EXPO tonight. Natalie was sitting in there with her, reading some papers. Happy was asleep I think.

    I sat in the back of the main room, curled up in a small ball with head phones in. The Fray was playing from the MP3 player and a book sat in my lap. It was a very quiet ride. None of us talked that much.

    Not until Pepper stood up and smoothed out her black dress. Her and Natalie looked almost like twins with the same styled dresses on "I'm going to the back room to lay down, call me when we're almost there"

    Natalie smiled "of course Ms. Potts"
I removed my headphones and set them down on the couch. Finally, I need to talk to Natalie, or Natasha.

    "Hey" I slipped off the couch and sat down beside Natalie. She looked at me, waiting for me to speak "So, uh... are you really a Sexually Harassed Lawyer?"

    Natalie paused with tight lips, keeping her eyes on her papers "Well, the correct term is a Sexual Harassment Lawyer, and Yes"

"Ooh"

    She brushed her velvet red hair from her eyes "Why?" She asked, sounding slightly cautious.

"And you know Nick Fury, right?" I continued with my questions.

"W-who?"

"Why were you sent to us in the first place?"

"What-"

    "So, your name is actually Natash-" her hand covered my mouth at that point. Her eyes were suddenly hard and sharp, she didn't look like Natalie Rushman anymore. I must have pushed a button there "sorry" I mumbled. Natasha looked around the room, making sure that no one else was around.

    She pulled her hand away swiftly, letting out a long, deep breath. She set the papers aside on the table and turned to face me "How did you figure this out? Who told y-...Tony" she rolled her green eyes "He told you, didn't he?"

    "Sorta" I admitted with a shrug of my shoulders "I heard that Nick Fury guy call you Agent Romanoff, I may have been ease dropping. But later, I asked Dad about it and he told me about you. He told me that you're a spy and work for SHIELD with Mr. Fury and Phil" Natasha didn't say anything. Her posture was tall calm attentive. She was becoming all spy-like with the silence. That was kinda scary, but also cool at the same time.

   "Hey, look" I met her eyes "I promise that your secret is safe with me, Natasha. I won't tell anyone, not even if they offer me a million dollars... but if they offer me a billion dollars, then I might give in because that's a lot of money" She at least smirked, giving a small roll of her eye. I smiled at her "but" I hesitated, thinking of how to phrase my next question "Why are you here anyway? Why did Mr. Fury send you to us?"

"Basically, Director Fury wants an inside look on Tony Stark, and his alter ego Ironman"

"Why?"

"That's classified"

"Darn it" I pouted "I'm pretty interesting, you know? Does he want the inside scoop on me?"

Natasha shook her head "Nope, sorry. He already knows all about you"

    "Ahh" I said in defeat "He really is a good spy" I sighed, leaning against the couch. Turbulence began to shake the jet, telling us that we were going to land. The Captain called from the intercom located at pilots cabin, letting us know that we were descending "I, uh, better go get Pepper I guess" I sat up and stretched "by the way, I think it's really cool that you're an Agent"

Natasha nodded "thanks"

    "Pepper!" I banged on her cabin bedroom door. She didn't get that much sleep. Pepper flung the door opened, an angry look on her tired face. Maybe knocking loud wasn't a good idea "... We're about to land"

She gritted her teeth at me "Thank. You"

    "Okay" I closed the door to let her have a moment to collect herself "jeez" I walked back to the main room to where Natasha aka Natalie was packing up her bag "Pepper is in a bad mood, so just... yeah... be on high alert Agent Romanoff"

Natasha laughed "will do"