Ch•17-Heroes don't get Grounded

A/N: Sorry that this chapter is so short, plz don't hate me 😬 I LOVE YOU ALL.

     I ran down the stairwell swiftly towards the first floor. Natasha was right by my side the whole time. We reached the lobby and exited outside to the gigantic mess of a street. Steve and Thor were helping Dad stand up after his long fall. He was still in his suit which was beyond repair, but he wasn't.

     He looked tired, but still alive. That's all I needed. Nat nudged me in the arm, basically telling me to 'go ahead, it's okay to hug your Dad in front of your friends'. I flashed a big smile to her and took off down the concrete stairs to him.

     He hadn't noticed me yet. I paused halfway to him, not knowing what to do. Would he be mad at me for closing the portal? Was he mad at me for telling Loki that he ditched me at birth? Or when I left the Carrier without his permission? He had to be mad at me for something I thought.

     But no, he lifted his eyes from the floor and smiled, at me. Like the most kindest, happy to see me, yet tiredest smile I've ever seen.

"You tried to shut me in there?" He asked in a joking tone. Steve and Thor released his arms.

      I felt tears well up in my eyes and I wiped them, adding the comment "oh yea, totally. That's what I was going for" and then I jumped in to his metal arms. Thor smirked, Steve was about to cry I think, and Hulk, he just stared at birds as they flew by. It was all over, we were safe now.

    I buried my head into the crook of his metal, cracking, and damaged suit, never feeling more comfortable in my life. The Avengers have saved the day "you guys did it" I smiled softly, closing my eyes "you saved us"

"You closed the portal kid" Dad kissed my temple "you're the one who saved us"

"Are you still going to ground me?" I asked humorously.

     "Stark" Steve wiped his sweat filled forehead "She saved the day. Heroes don't get grounded" he smiled.

"Exactly" I extended my hand to Steve "he's right"

     Dad rolled his brown eyes but didn't argue. We all knew that he wouldn't ground me, he couldn't. I loved him for that. I love him for a bunch of reasons. He's my Dad, loving him and also wanting to punch him in the face sometimes is apart of life. A typical Father-Daughter relationship. Everything was fine.

But I couldn't finally relax yet.

All that was left was Loki.

                                     ***

      We all stood around him. Barton held up his arrow in his face, Nat looked bored with a gun in her hand. I stood next to Dad, still holding the spear. Dad had his arm on my shoulder and was glaring at him.

     Cap stood next to me with his shield in hands. Thor was gripping his hammer and Hulk, well, he still wanted to Smash him. Loki slowly rested on his back and breathed deeply. He was screwed, and he knew it.

     "If it's all the same to you

     "If it's all the same to you..." He started, relaxing slightly and looking to Dad "I'll have that drink now"

      I could end his life right now with this scepter. He's lucky, my body is too sore and I can hardly move, but if I wasn't sore, I would kick his wiggedy giggedy butt all the way back to Asgard, or wherever he's from.