LITERARY OUTBREAK: Fight or Die One-Shot Writing Contest

Mahatma Gandhi once said, "Let us all be brave enough to die the death of a martyr, but let no one lust for martyrdom."

Nobody wants to be a martyr these days. No one wants to die. But here I am, wanting to do something-wanting to change something. What's a little fun if you can't sacrifice a life or two, eh?

So, you might know me by now, but let me introduce myself. I am The Doctor. That's what some people call me and I've been around lately, lurking in the shadows, pouncing on every opportunity to create chaos. Yes, I'm having fun, and I want to up the game.

As you've learned, I was the one who spread the six outbreaks from last year. Many have tried to halt it-to stop it-but few have managed to survive and to continue the game. And now, you are calling them 'Immortals,' in a sense that they are invincible. They've conquered the deadliest of the outbreaks. They've won the mightiest of the writing wars.

But let me tell you this, I am just getting started. They might have been victorious, but the game before was nothing like the game now. It's bloodier, more menacing, and more threatening.

Now, I'm calling out those who are brave enough to defy me. Come over and show me your talents. Introduce yourselves as you face one of the gravest battles of your life.

Are you brave enough to fight me? Are you brave enough to die?

If yes, then, let's play a game. But if not, then, I will still destroy all that you hold dear. I will take everything from you. You will be left with nothing.

And when that time comes, humanity will perish. I will destroy everything until all of you will kneel in front of me. I will be the victor.

I will be your God.

So, are you ready to be a Martyr? Or will you just let me destroy all of you?

-The Doctor

Team Baliw.