Phase 4: Down the Injustice Lane

August 11, 2016

Dear Love,

Back then, I kept looking back, wondering what went wrong for the both of us. I took all the blame for losing you. I took the weight of the love lost and a future gone. But I can't make any regrets now. Not ever.

You see, what governs us can destroy us. What built us can shatter us into million pieces. You were a part of me, a puzzle that completes me. Now that you're gone, a dark and deep void began to replace what was gone.

The society and those who control it manipulated us and ruined what could've been beautiful. The strings of governance rule over our actions, pitting us against another one and destroying the foundation we once built.

Rules are created for people to obey, but rules are meant to cover up the harsh reality we are in. We are the oppressed. We are the aggrieved citizens. Most people might not see it for they chose to be blind and deaf, but I can see it. I see it clearly. And I'm doing something about it. I'm doing something for you, my Love.

I'm bringing you back to life.

And the powers that hold this world will be bestowed upon me. I will end the governance along with the society, and I will build a new one-a utopia for those who matter and a hell for those who are not. And I will make everything right-even if I have to make some sacrifices.

One more phase and everything will come to an end. With these 12 potential Martyrs, I know I can never do wrong. Through them, I can do what was necessary a long time ago. And Love, you'll be the first one to witness it.

I promise you.

Love,
The Doctor

Hello, Martyrs!

You have come a long way, Martyrs, and now we are just one phase away from the end. One phase away till only six of you are left to face the Doctor's final test.

Are you ready?

Let's begin.

Genres and Theme
This phase is timely, considering the latest happenings in our country right now, we would bet that you could all relate to this phase because you will all be using POLITICAL FICTION as a subgenre to our main genre, FANTASY.

Interesting, isn't it?

And to add to this very interesting phase, we give you INJUSTICE as your theme.

Teams and Elements
You were made to choose between three things: rock, paper, or scissors. Each of these three things represents a branch of the government that we fancied to use as your team names: Scissors for the executive, paper for the legislative, and rock for the judiciary. Cute, isn't it?

Be informed as well that at the end of this phase, only two (2) Martyrs from each team will advance to the final phase, and the remaining two (2) who did not make it, as per The Doctor's instructions, will be left for dead, just like the last phases.

Now, here are your elements per Team:

Team Vergobretus: Extrajudicial Killings

Team Legum: Political Assassination

Team Iudiciarius: Martial Law

All Martyrs under each team are required to use your team's assigned elements in your entries as creatively as you can. They should be physically present in the story (of course).

All assistants and secondary assistants are there to help you, so ask for their help, but remember that their loyalty is with The Doctor, and their help is limited. They could only help you check your entries only until THREE DAYS before the deadline and you only have TWO chances to do so.

GENERAL RULES AND MECHANICS
1. You are to write a One Shot Story within the range of 2,000-2,500 word limit following the Microsoft Word count. Title is excluded from the word count.

*Note: An excess word is equivalent to a 1-point deduction from the final score.

2. Genre used should be POLITICAL FICTION/FANTASY.

3. Use INJUSTICE as your theme and your team's assigned element.

4. Your entry should be WRITTEN FORMALLY, FRESH, NEW and NOT POSTED NOR COPIED from any sites/ books/ magazines. Automatic disqualification for those who are found guilty of this rule.

5. File format should be in .doc or .docx.

6. Language used should be in Tagalog/ Taglish/ English.

7. Name the file with Title - Team Name

CRITERIA:
Content (Plot, Concept, technicalities) = 35%
Creativity (Requirements: Theme and Elements) = 25%
Adherence to the Genre Fantasy = 20%
Adherence to the subgenre Political Fiction = 15%
Impact = 5%
--------------------------
Total = 100%

8. Once you are done, submit to this email address: tkseriouslyinsane@gmail.com.

9. Follow this format in the subject area: Title/ Username/ Team Name

STRICTLY JUST ATTACH YOUR FILE AND NO OTHER DATA SHOULD BE FOUND IN THE MESSAGE BOX OF YOUR MESSAGE.

Remember these dates:
· August 12 - Start of submission

· August 21, 11:59 pm- End of Submission

· August 22 - Posting of Entries and start of judging

· August 31- End of Judging

Check your emails for confirmation a day or two after you submitted your entry (if you are an early passer) or wait for confirmation (for deadline beaters) to ensure that we have received your entry. Be responsible for your own entry. Make sure that you have input the CORRECT email address. Double check it. Make sure that you USE YOUR OWN email address.

WARNING:
· NO multiple entries.

· NO changing of usernames unless you're already out of the contest.

· NO multiple accounts.

· NO collaboration.

· NO plagiarism.

· NO replying to comments or commenting on your own entries.

· BE ANONYMOUS. DO NOT TELL OTHERS WHICH IS YOUR ENTRY. YOU CAN GUESS THE WRITERS BEHIND THE OTHER ENTRIES, BUT NO ONE SHOULD ADMIT WHICH IS HIS/ HER ENTRY. YOU CAN SPECULATE ALL YOU WANT, BUT NO BASHING OF ENTRIES OR THE WRITER BEHIND IT.

· RESPECT EACH OTHER.

WE DO NOT TOLERATE VIOLATORS SO IF YOU ARE FOUND GUILTY OF ANY VIOLATION OF THE ABOVE-MENTIONED RULES, THEN YOU WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY DISQUALIFIED.

You only have ten days to create your entry. Good luck, Martyrs! This is one phase away from the final phase! Do your best! Fight!

-Team Baliw
08/12/16