Phase 3: Within Eve

July 18, 2016

Dear Love,

I don't think I can do this anymore. The waiting. The trials. The never-ending struggles. I want to end this soon. I want you back so much, it hurts.

It pains me to remember your death all over again. The memory of you as your life fades away from your precious green eyes killed every second of every day. Daggers keep on piercing through my heart as I recall not being able to save you and our daughter. That small lump on your stomach reminds me how I failed my vows as your husband and as a father to our baby.

We could be everything. Instead, we were nothing. I wouldn't be able to see our daughter.

Will she look like you or me? Will she have pale skin like yours or tanned skin like mine? Will her eyes be green like yours or dark as mine? I could never tell. She was gone when you faded away. Now, she's just a dust in the grave, and you're now the chain that binds me to a double-edged sword.

This experiment will either kill me or save you.

Either way, I won't fret. I won't let this hinder my plans. For 18 Martyrs are left in this game, I have no choice, but to go on with the next phase. In this world full of possibilities, it's a lifelong aim to do the impossible. Create a world where nothing ends, only things begin. And I'm taking you back, my Love. I'm taking back what's mine. Even if it means I break the laws of this goddamn universe just to be with you again.

Dearly yours,
The Doctor

Welcome back, Martyrs!

Your journey outside the laboratory has already ended and now that you're back at the lab, the experiment commences!

Are you ready?

Let's do this!

Genres and Theme
This phase will be a tough and an interesting one, because the genres are an exciting combination of SCIENCE FICTION as your subgenre and of course, FANTASY as your main genre.

Challenging, isn't it?

But there's more! To add to the challenge, we give you MOTHERHOOD as the theme of this phase! So? Are you still in?

Teams and Elements
Since you have already chosen your Team Assistants, be informed that at the end of this phase, only four (4) Martyrs from each team will be permitted to advance to the next phase, and the remaining two (2) who did not make it, as per The Doctor's instructions, will be left for dead just like the last phases.

Now, here are your elements per Team:

Team Helix: An overprotective mother

Team Quasi: A dying, pregnant mother

Team Knight: An abusive mother

All Martyrs under each team are required to use your team's assigned elements in your entries as creatively as you can. They should be physically present in the story (of course).

All assistants and secondary assistants are there to help you, so ask for their help, but remember that their loyalty is with The Doctor, and their help is limited. They could only help you check your entries until THREE DAYS before the deadline and you only have TWO chances to do so.

GENERAL RULES AND MECHANICS
1. You are to write a One Shot Story within the range of 1,800-2,300 word limit following the Microsoft Word count. Title is excluded from the word count.

*Note: An excess word is equivalent to a 1-point deduction from the final score.

2. Genre used should be SCIENCE FICTION/FANTASY.

3. Use MOTHERHOOD as your theme and your teams assigned element.

4. Your entry should be WRITTEN FORMALLY, FRESH, NEW and NOT POSTED NOR COPIED from any sites/ books/ magazines. Automatic disqualification for those who are found guilty of this rule.

5. File format should be in .doc or .docx.

6. Language used should be in Tagalog/ Taglish/ English.

7. Name the file with Title-Team Name

CRITERIA:
Content (Plot, Concept, technicalities) = 35%
Creativity (Requirements: Theme and Elements) = 25%
Adherence to the Genre Fantasy = 20%
Adherence to the subgenre Science Fiction = 15%
Impact = 5%
--------------------------
Total = 100%

Once you are done, submit to this email address: tkseriouslyinsane@gmail.com.

Follow this format in the subject area: Title/ Username/Team Name

STRICTLY JUST ATTACH YOUR FILE AND NO OTHER DATA SHOULD BE FOUND IN THE MESSAGE BOX OF YOUR MESSAGE.

Remember these dates:
· July 18, 11:59 pm - Start of submission

· July 28, 11:59 pm - End of Submission

· July 29 - Posting of Entries and start of judging

· August 7 - End of Judging

Check your emails for confirmation a day or two after you submitted your entry (if you are an early passer) or wait for confirmation (for deadline beaters) to ensure that we have received your entry. Be responsible for your own entry. Make sure that you have input the CORRECT email address. Make sure that you USE YOUR OWN email address.

WARNING:
· NO multiple entries.

· NO changing of usernames unless you're already out of the contest.

· NO multiple accounts.

· NO collaboration.

· NO plagiarism.

· NO replying to comments or commenting on your own entries.

· BE ANONYMOUS. DO NOT TELL OTHERS WHICH IS YOUR ENTRY. YOU CAN GUESS THE WRITERS BEHIND THE OTHER ENTRIES, BUT NO ONE SHOULD ADMIT WHICH IS HIS/ HER ENTRY. YOU CAN SPECULATE ALL YOU WANT, BUT NO BASHING OF ENTRIES OR THE WRITER BEHIND IT.

· RESPECT EACH OTHER.

WE DO NOT TOLERATE VIOLATORS SO IF YOU ARE FOUND GUILTY OF ANY VIOLATION OF THE ABOVE-MENTIONED RULES, THEN YOU WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY DISQUALIFIED.

You only have ten days to create your entry. So, good luck, Martyrs! This is an exciting phase! Don't surrender! Fight!

-Team Baliw

07/18/2016