Phase 2: Into the Wilderness

June 7, 2016

Dear Love,

Have you ever felt loneliness, my Love? Have you ever felt detached? Have you ever felt being alone wherever you are right now? I did. And I hated it.

I hated feeling this since you were gone - these circling thoughts of you linger in my mind, controlling me like a helpless puppet. But I can't help it. I was in love. I am still in love. And bringing you back can bring me the peace I need. I love you so much to give you up that easily.

With 27 Martyrs left, my quest to see you in flesh again seems closer than I have ever thought. Being alone gives me the motivation, jumpstarts my strength, and fuels my need for vengeance. And these 27 Martyrs will feel what it's truly like to be in isolation.

I remember back then, you and I stayed true to each other. You are worth more than anything else and I couldn't ask for more.

Do you remember this, my Love? It's something I treasure the most from my dearly departed.

Talking in Bed by Philip Larkin (1964)

Talking in bed ought to be easiest,
Lying together there goes back so far,
An emblem of two people being honest.
Yet more and more time passes silently.
Outside, the wind's incomplete unrest
Builds and disperses clouds in the sky,
And dark towns heap up on the horizon.
None of this cares for us. Nothing shows why
At this unique distance from isolation
It becomes still more difficult to find
Words at once true and kind,
Or not untrue and not unkind.

I remember this poem. As you read every word, every line, you were telling a message, something that pierced right through my heart. You'll never leave me alone, you say. Just the two of us in isolation, thats what you need. That's what I need.

And when the right time comes, I'll say the same to you. I will never leave you alone, my Love. For I will do anything to bring you back again... even if it costs other's lives.

I will do anything for you, and these Martyrs will be going for an adventure that they will never ever forget. They will experience what I'm experiencing right now and they will feel the loneliness. They will feel... us.

Love,
Doctor

WELCOME TO THE SECOND PHASE, MARTYRS!

Tonight marks the start of a crazy adventure that you will all embark on! Yes, Martyrs! Your life is an adventure! Everyday is an adventure! This phases subgenre is ADVENTURE! And guess what? Because Doc loves to give you challenges, your theme will be, ISOLATION!

This phase, you will all be journeying outside the Laboratory with your chosen teams. Together, you will all be going to a particular place that will be used creatively as your elements in writing your entries.

Team Smeagol - Parisian Catacombs, Paris

Team Shrek - Aokigahara, Japan (Suicide Forest)

Team Snorlax - Hinatuan Enchanted River, Surigao del Sur

Remember to use them creatively. Give it all your shot, Martyrs for after this phase, only SIX from each team will be going back to the Laboratory and will have the chance to proceed into the next phase. The remaining three will be left wandering in the wilderness.

Again, your Assistants and Secondary Assistants are willing to help evaluate your works prior to submission, but they will not be your personal editors or proofreaders. You can ask for help twice. Twice only, Martyrs. Twice.

GENERAL RULES AND MECHANICS
1. You are to write a One Shot Story within the range of 1,000-1, 200 word limit following the Microsoft Word count. Title is excluded from the word count.

Note: An excess word is equivalent to a 1 point deduction from the final score.

2. Genre used should be ADVENTURE/FANTASY.

3. Use ISOLATION as your theme and your teams assigned elements.

4. Your entry should be WRITTEN FORMALLY, FRESH, NEW and NOT POSTED NOR COPIED from any sites/ books/ magazines. Automatic disqualification for those who are found guilty of this rule.

5. File format should be in .doc or .docx.

6. Language used should be in Tagalog/ Taglish/ English.

7. Name the file with Team Name-Title.

CRITERIA:
Content (Plot, Concept, technicalities) = 35%
Creativity (Requirements: Theme and Elements) = 25%
Adherence to the Genre Fantasy = 20%
Adherence to the subgenre Adventure = 15%
Impact = 5%
--------------------------
Total = 100%

Once you are done, submit to this email address: tkseriouslyinsane@gmail.com.

Follow this format in the subject area: Title/Username/Team Name

Remember these dates:
· June 9, 12:00 am - Start of submission

· June 23, 11:59 pm - End of Submission

· June 24 - Posting of Entries and start of judging

· July 8 - Posting of Results

Check your emails for confirmation a day or two after you submitted your entry (if you are an early passer) or wait for confirmation (for deadline beaters) to ensure that we have received your entry. Be responsible for your own entry. Make sure that you have input the CORRECT email address. Make sure that you USE YOUR OWN email address.

WARNING:
· NO multiple entries.

· NO changing of usernames unless you're already out of the contest.

· NO multiple accounts.

· NO collaboration.

· NO plagiarism.

· NO replying to comments or commenting on your own entries.

· BE ANONYMOUS. DO NOT TELL OTHERS WHICH IS YOUR ENTRY. YOU CAN GUESS THE WRITERS BEHIND THE OTHER ENTRIES, BUT NO ONE SHOULD ADMIT WHICH IS HIS/ HER ENTRY.
YOU CAN SPECULATE ALL YOU WANT, BUT NO BASHING OF ENTRIES OR THE WRITER BEHIND IT.

· RESPECT EACH OTHER.

WE DO NOT TOLERATE VIOLATORS SO IF YOU ARE FOUND GUILTY OF ANY VIOLATION OF THE ABOVE-MENTIONED RULES, THEN YOU WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY DISQUALIFIED.

You only have two weeks to create your entry. So, good luck, Martyrs! Take care in your journey and let this extraordinary adventure begin!

Bon voyage! Fight!

-Team Baliw

06/08/16