fifteen

"good morning, baby." braxton's deep voice fills my ears as he wraps his arms around me.

i grunt, shuffling in the bed to face the other way. his hand caresses my side and all i feel is guilt. it's eating me alive and i need to say something soon because the longer i wait, the worse it'll get.

"what's wrong?" he continues to probe.

"nothing. i just don't feel good." i lie.

his hand pauses where it's at, "you've been distant lately."

my eyebrows raise in surprise. i'm awake now. (bgc reference)

"i've been distant? says you." i ignorantly laugh.

"i don't want to fight." he sighs. "i just want to know what's up before we have to get to the office."

i refrain from rolling my eyes. we had a tiny argument and it could've been a big one if i confessed and told him the truth. i just can't lose him after we've come so far in our relationship.

i know for a fact that even my brother wouldn't side with me if he knew i kissed jack behind braxton's back. he'd automatically side with his best friend and not his sister that can't keep her mouth to herself.

"octavia."

"i said that it's nothing, brax. let's just leave it at that, please." i say, well, practically begged because i know that i'll cave in soon.

"okay, but if you're not feeling well, you should just stay in today and not go to work." i feel his lips plant an affectionate kiss on my shoulder.

"why? so i can seem even more distant?"

"see, now you're just trying to pick a fight." braxton replies, letting go of me and getting off of the bed.

this time, i let my eyes basically roll to the back of my head alone. it's not like i want to fight. yes, i'm more grumpy and bitchy now that my ex has came back into my life and because i'm sex deprived.

without saying any other words, i watch braxton's back muscles as he saunters into the bathroom to shower. he usually doesn't shut the door, but he does, not looking back at me. he's probably mad at me.

not thinking much of it, i lay on my back and stretch out my arms and legs. i am going to the office because i'm perfectly fine and capable. the last thing i want is to be home and have jack pay an unexpected visit again.

after about 45 minutes, braxton finally comes out of the bathroom, all cleaned, freshly shaved, and dressed. i sit up on the bed and wait for him to say something. he just walks towards me and kisses my cheek.

"i'll see you after work. i love you."

i grab onto his wrist before he can leave and he looks back at me in confusion. fuck. when he stares at me, i just want to spill everything out. it's taking all of my self restraint for me not to do so.

"i'm going to the office today." i tell him. "i don't want to stay home."

"but you don't feel well-"

"i'll be fine, babe."

he cracks a little smile at my endearment, "promise? if you really don't feel well, you'll tell me, right?" he asks, raising an eyebrow.

"yes, i promise."

he holds a pinky out and i laugh for a moment until i realize that he's being completely serious while trying to stifle a bigger grin. i lace our pinkies together and that is enough to satisfy and convince him that i'm alright and that nothing is wrong.