twenty

"can i borrow a car?" i ask jack.

"yeah, where are you going?"

"to work." i answer.

his eyebrows pull together in confusion as he stands from his bed, walking to a drawer. he opens it and motions me to come forward. i look at the wide range of keys and grab a random one.

"thank you." i mumble.

i hear a 'no problem' while exiting his bedroom. all of this crying and stress over braxton isn't good for my complexion and i need to get it together. i wish there was a way to make him want me back, but he's very hard to make jealous.

the opposite of jack. i could just smile at a man and jack would have him by the collar in an instant.

"octavia!" jack suddenly calls out, making me come to a halt. "wait!"

i slowly turn and pivot my feet and he comes into view, "yes?"

"what time are you coming home?"

home.

i shrug, "i don't know. maybe four or five."

"okay." he smiles, nodding his head. "i'll see you when you get back. call me if you need anything."

just saturday, i could've depended on braxton, but then i messed up real bad. now, i might actually have to depend on jack. pushing away the thoughts, i grab my purse and phone, then search for the car i got my keys for.

i click the panic on the keys and a shiny, bright white mustang starts to go off. i gasp, squealing and practically sprinting toward it. this is what i get to drive into work with. maybe braxton will get jealous and think that jack bought me this.

who am i even kidding? i'm an idiot for even wondering that subject. he doesn't get jealous unless another man had his dick inside of me or laid a hand on me. well, more mad than jealous.

i get inside of the car and make my way toward the office. i'm dreading going there. it's like going to high school on a monday morning. terrible feeling. the drive is short because i basically sped the entire way.

i'll just get breakfast there and then stay cooped up in my office to minimize any encounters with braxton. he stays on his side and i stay on mine. it hurt to hear him say something like that.

i quickly park the car, gathering my things, getting out, locking it, and heading into the building. deciding on bringing my things to my office first then getting breakfast, i head in the direction of my destination.

"good morning, mrs. miller." someone buoyantly greets as right as i walk in.

so, i guess no one heard the news since none of them are giving me the cold shoulder. i should be grateful that braxton, lucas, and lawrence kept it to themselves or else i'd be too embarrassed to ever show my face again.

though, people will eventually find out when they see me and braxton being distant and not touchy or in love.

"mrs. miller, do you need anything done right now?" a familiar female voice questions.

i come face to face with my personal assistant, "yes, could you get me a fruit cup and yogurt from the cafeteria, please?" i ask and she nods her head.

i shouldn't have to ask, but i feel bad if i'm just ordering and demanding. she obeys instantly when i add and tell her to bring it up to my office. my heels click against the tile floor as i attempt to look as put together as possible.

obviously, i'm sad and negative energies are just revolving around me. i take the elevator up to my floor and enter my office. except, i stop in my tracks when i see two people in here. talk about invasion of privacy.