Chapter Twenty

My biggest question for the people of the universe is why they allow teenage girls to obsess so cringe-worthy over bands and ruin them as a whole.

thanks a lot Twenty One Pilots fans 

you guys make me want to die

Chapter Twenty

I stood a few feet behind Mr. Parity, as he so kindly greeted the men who walked through the doors. They looked incredibly rich, that even to me, it was repulsive. The gold chains, the fancy cigars, you might as well label them as modern gang members with a slight bit of rotten class. Though, their personalities could differ.

"Elias!" One of the men said, he was slightly overweight, and I couldn't help but assume he was some sort of pedophile. "Look at this place, you never disappoint." The man's arm widened as if he tried to wrap it around Mr. Parity's shoulders.

He stepped away before the man could.

With a thin smile, Mr. Parity spoke up, "Mr. Falts, once again, your presence is flaunting."

Mr. Falts laughed, "You have a smart choice of words."

Mr. Parity stepped in front of me, as if beckoning me to move back, away from the men. I didn't argue. I quickly backed up a few feet, as did the other girls. We all stood together in a small line, shoulder-to-shoulder, nearly pressing against one another in defense.

We all sensed it. The criminal, bad-man vibes that were radiating off of these men.

"So." Mr Parity said, "Follow me, and we can get on with the presentation." 

Me and the rest of the girls watched as Mr. Parity tried to hurry the men along into the next room. They would not leave. Of course that seemed to not bother him at all, though. He just stood there, smiling innocently at the two men as if he had all the patience in the world.

I knew from person experience he was most likely murdering the men in his head.

"How about letting me us have a taste of the ol' Parity essentials?" Mr. Falts stated, with a hardy laugh afterwards, "You have a crowd of lovely women working here, you nasty man, why not share?"

Mr. Parity tensed in a near invisible way, but I saw it. "You are mistaken, if you think they are here for pleasure."

The smile from Mr. Falts's face fell into a deep frown, "What are you saying? That they are here for looks only? That's ridiculous, Elias, they are here, why not use them?"

Mr. Falts walked over and grabbed one of the women's hand. She gasped slightly, as she wasn't allowed to speak, but it sounded as if she wanted to scream. The poor girl looked frightened.

Mr. Parity did not hesitate to yank Mr. Falts's hand off the girl, and push him backwards.

Mr. Falts's eyes widened as he pulled a gun out from his coat pocket and aimed it at Mr. Parity's head. "If I want to touch a woman, I will." He said, with a menacing tone. Many of the girls fled to the back rooms at the sight of the gun. I felt like I should have followed them, but I stood there, along with one other girl. She was trembling, hell, so was I, but we didn't move.

My heart was pounding so hard in my chest, I struggled for air. What would happen if the man shot Mr. Parity? Would the man shoot us afterwards?

I watched Mr. Parity stand there. He was so calm, as if having a gun pointed at his face didn't even bother him in the slightest. I shouldn't be surprised, but I was.

Mr. Parity slowly held his hand up, and pushed the gun out of his face. "If you were going to shoot me, Mr. Falts." He said his name with pure disgust, "You would have done it many years ago."

"You were but a child then." Mr. Falts said, with a dry laugh, "I was waiting for you to become a monster so I wouldn't feel so bad."

"You molest little girls for the fun of it, there is no such thing as you feeling bad for your actions."

They glared at each other for a few moments, before Mr. Parity took a deep breath, "If you are done making a scene, I suggest we get on with the burial before the corpse rots in decay." Intertwining his arm with mine, he led me, the other only girl who stayed, and the men outside. The body was on display in a lovely coffin with such magnificent scenery around it.

As morbid as it sounded, the dead man in the coffin was incredibly good looking. If he were alive, though he was a rapist or so that is was Mr. Parity said, he'd be handsome.

The burial ceremony went by in a blur. Mr. Parity didn't bother saying all it was that he usually said in his normal funerals. The whole, 'honoring the dead' part that he usual did, he skipped this time. I didn't blame him. This man didn't deserve it.

After we all went back inside, Mr. Falts and the other men enjoyed themselves by stuffing their faces with food, and laughing at who was going to get the dead man's fortune. Mr. Parity and I stayed quite a few feet away from the men, allowing them to enjoy themselves as we stayed hidden. No need for useless confrontation, it'd just make them stay longer.

Mr. Parity kept his eyes locked on the men at all times, though, with me by his side, he quietly asked only loud enough for me to hear, "Did you enjoy yourself today?"

I looked up, and gave him a confused look. Was he mad, how could anyone enjoy such an event? "I'm sure you've never seen quite a scene as what was displayed today."

Not sure if I was allowed to talk, I just shrugged. "You may speak, Miss Adler." He said in an even quieter tone.

"I wouldn't mind never having to go through this day again." I said in a whisper.

"You should get used to it." He said, "It's a lovely treat every once in a while."

I gasped in disbelief. "You almost got shot."

"And that," He said with a smile, "Would be perfectly okay."