Chapter Thirty-Five

Chapter Thirty-Five

"No, absolutely not." I said, as I stood in front of the mirror, with two maids tying the back of the wedding dress I had on. Elias stood to the side, staring at the dress in an unreadable expression.

"You're quite short, Miss Adler, are you sure you don't want to wear heels?"   

We've been going at this for nearly three hours. I hadn't realized picking a wedding dress would be so difficult.

Elias also wasn't making it easy.

"Why can't I just wear that other dress? It looked fine." I whined, as I pulled up the long sleeve that draped over my hand.

Elias waved his hand as if to shush me, "It was so boring, you need a bit of lace and diamonds, my dear."

"I don't look good in lace or diamonds."

"Well pearls could work too." He took another dress out of a box, and beckoned for the maids, "Put this on her, but tie it tightly in the back, I don't want to see an oversized dress, I want to see curves."

I gagged, and he shot me a look. As he exited, I turned to the maids and quickly apologized to them for such a torturous evening.

They said not a word.

"This will be the last dress," I assured them, "Elias is bound to like it." I stared at the gown up and down, cringing at what it might look like on me. "It's got enough glitter to keep a whole school of five-year-old girls happy until puberty." Or Elias, I thought warily. I suddenly wondered how on earth I managed to find a husband more feminine than myself.

I could introduce him to some sports, or maybe a strip club, help him morph into a normal man with normal interests. I thought about it, unable to control a grin from appearing. On second thought, maybe it's best he's the woman in this relationship.

I opened my mouth, as one of the maids tied the gown's corset a bit too tight making me gasp, but shut it when Elias knocked on the door, and allowed himself to come in.

He took one look at the dress and smiled, "This one looks much better."

I was afraid he'd say that, "Maybe you're blind." I muttered, needing to breathe a bit more dramatically just to fill my lungs, "Or sick, have you got a fever?" I reached out and touched his cheek.

"I'm being serious." He said, as he gently placed his fingers on my sleeve, glitter fell off all over his hand. "This one is divine."

"This one is also the worst of them all."

"Worst equals extravagant reaction."

"Maybe you aren't so good a vocabulary after all." I said with a frown.

He turned to the maids, "Leave us for now, you two did excellent today, but we can handle things from here." They bowed which made me roll my eyes, and left.

"Wait a minute." I said as I put my hand on the corset of the dress, "They can't leave, there's no way I can take this atrocity of a gown off on my own."

Elias grinned, "I suppose I can help you with that."

I grunted at him, "You're such a pervert."

He sat on one of the cushioned chairs and crossed his legs over the side, "Is it so perverted if we are to be married anyway?"

"We aren't married yet."

He paused, his eyebrows slightly raised, "So, you admit to being fine with sexual acts after the wedding."