Chapter_7 The Last Straw

ASHA'S POV

In the morning, i noticed that Kade was not yet up, which was unusual, so i decide to go and check up on him, after all, he was still my mate.

I passed the hallway to his bedroom and knocked but there was no answer. So i pushed the door and looked inside, tears just welled in my eyes, i felt my heart breaking.

I just turned and ran outside to the woods behind our house, this was the last Straw!

How could he do this to me?
I transformed into my wolf and ran into the woods, how can a person be so cruel! Ignoring me was fine but sleeping with your ex and bringing her to our mated home!

Surely he knows that wolves are territorial, but he still did this. Alpha or not, beta's were territorial. I couldn't stop the painful howls coming out from my chest. And in that moment, i made a decision, leaving was the best thing to do to protect my heart.

After Kade breaking my heart so many times, i can't  take this anymore. So i leave the woods and go to my room. I pack my clothes and leave.

As i step out of our mated home, i felt our bond stretch, even though it hurt me, i had to go. I get into my car and drive to my Apartment. I reach and i unpack my stuff. I get a cup of hot cocoa and switch on the screen and start watching, 'under the dome'. As am still watching, Mia calls and says she wants to talk, so i tell her to come to my apartment.

After thirty minutes, i hear a knock on my door, Mia enters and she brings my favourite, Mexican food. As we are finishing up eating, she says,

"Okay, what's going on Wolfy?"

"Nothing " i say quietly

" It cant be nothing, why aren't you in your mated home? "  she asks

As soon as she says 'mated home', the tears start flowing, looking alarmed, Mia says,

" Whats the matter Ash?"

"I left him, Mia, "i said with sobs.

" What? why? What happened?  She asks alarmed

"My mate is cheating on me!! with his ex! he has broken my heart so many times, it couldn't take anymore" I cried

"Oh God, sorry my darling " she hugged me and cried with me.

In that moment, i was soo glad to have a friend like her. Atleast she had my back,i could go through this, i would be fine.
We watched movies till late and laughed then we slept.