6 The Luna Order

"Easy." He warned her when she growled. "I do have a tranq." He sat the tranquilizer gun on the counter, it remained in easy reach.

Mia's wild side recognized the gun as a threat. She wanted to growl a threat of her own but she remained silent. She watched as he turned his back to her. She wasn't sure if she felt less threatened or offended by his dismissal.

He opened drawers, cabinets and moved things around. He made little noise. But his movements were sure and quick.

"Your healing well. Quickly. Faster than a normal wolf born but slower than a Lycan. In all honesty, we don't know what to do with you."

She growled.

"We won't hurt you - or your pup."

The mention of the pup in the Lycans deep voice pulled Emma from her memories.

Emma gasped in Mia's head as she saw the man. Doctor Gordon. She whispered. The name called forth memories for Mia. She wasn't sure why they came now and not before.

Emma and Mia had no time to discuss it because Dr. Gordon kept talking.

"You are welcome to stay as long as you need. However, we don't trust you."

Emma whined. He turned to face her.

"You've done little to inspire trust, wolf. You growl at anyone within 10 feet. I don't want anyone to get hurt." He leaned back against the counter and crossed his arms over his chest. "Including you."

He watched her a moment. The small amount of bloody steak seemed to be forgotten. She looked up at him. Her eyes were less hostile than when he had come in the room. He wondered if she really understood what he was telling her.

"You have to prove that you're not a threat to this pack." He told her.

His breath caught in his throat as she stood and ambled over to him. He grabbed the dart gun unsure what she intended. She rubbed her side against his leg and he breathed.

He gave a small chuckle. "Okay. That's definitely a good start." As soon as he touched her side, she let out a growl. He pulled his hand back. "OK. No touching. Got it."

An hour later he detailed the interaction with the wolf to the Alpha and the Luna.

The Luna had been transferred to the hospital wing around two in the morning. They had stopped her contractions but placed her on forced complete bed rest.

Unfortunately for the pack some of their anxiety transferred through the packs' link. If the pack could feel it, it had too intense.

"So, she doesn't want to be touched but doesn't mind to touch others as long as she's in control of the interaction?" The Luna questioned.

"I didn't think of it that way but it's accurate." Gordon nodded. He was slightly impressed with her reasoning.

"You said she seemed to know what you were saying." The Alpha said. Gordon nodded. "But mainly her attitude changed when you mentioned the pup?" Again Gordon nodded. "And what do you suggest? Can she be released to move about the territory or leave to be on her own?"

Gordon didn't answer this one right away. He was torn. In reality, she had done nothing wrong. But her nature shifted on a dime. She could be growling one minute and rubbing against your leg the next. Her behavior could change in the opposite direction as well.

"You're releasing her. Clear out one of the storage units and create a den for her." The Luna said. It was clearly a Luna order. He felt the need to obey. The only one that could argue with her spoke up.

"Darling, you didn't let him answer." The Alpha took her hand and kissed it.

"You will release her. She's pregnant. She came to us for help." She told the Alpha, her voice adamant. She turned to Gordon. "You've healed her? - Good." She turned black to the Alpha. "Move a storage unit to the edges of the main pack area. Remove a section of the door so she can get in and out or something."

"I'll send out an order that no one is to disturb our guest." The Alpha told her. He didn't seem pleased. However, it was obvious that he didn't want to argue with her in her condition.

"Thank you." She said. Her big blue eyes shown with love and respect. Gordon smiled. A happy Alpha was a good Alpha, as the saying goes. In this case, he guessed it could be added, a happy Luna is a happy Alpha.

Gordon turned. He hadn't found his mate. But... someday.

He walked to the stand of out-buildings. There five other members of the pack already removing plastic, wooden, and cardboard boxes from the smallest unit. It was a simple 5x5 prefabricated rough wood unit with a single wide door.

"Doc!" Evan called as he saw him. Gordon nodded his head. Evan ran over and stood in front of Gordon. "Alpha said to ask you where to place the unit and how to- decorate it." Gordon smiled at his confused tone.

He directed them to place the unit behind in clinic 50 feet past the wood line in a small clearing on the other side of the creek. Evan looked at him curiously but didn't ask questions.

Within five minutes the Alpha opened the pack link.

I'm sure some of you know we have a guest, a pregnant wolf born. She's healthy enough to move about on her own but I want to caution all members of the pack. Her temperament is unpredictable at best. The Luna is adamant that the wolf-born is to be left alone. As she apparently came to Haven River Pack for help I agree. Some of the pack are setting up a place for her to den and have her pup if she chooses to stay in the area. It is known that she doesn't like to be touched. Inform your pup's that she is here and to be left alone.

Within twenty minutes they had the contents moved to other units. It took a total of 11 Lycans to move the unit, cinder blocks, 3x4s, and 4x4s to the new location.

As they were leveling the building, Trish crossed the yard behind the packs' hospital. Her arms were full of blankets. She was followed by two other she-wolves carrying bundles of their own.