| Chapter Two : Setting Things Straight | ✓

This chapter is edited. c: 

--------------

 I sighed heavily as his smirk cascaded onto his face; his eyes glistened in the lighting. His chest was rising and falling from his breathing and his lips curled into a smirk. The smirk seemed to play at his face as his eyes found their way to mine. His lips lightly parted, to which words vibrated out.

"You should look out where you're goin, pretty thang." Said the words that flew from his perfectly pink and plump lips.

I simply shook my head and smiled a smile of amusement. "Do you really think you can get every girl in this school to fall down at your feet just to go out with the player of all players? Do you honestly think that calling me 'thang' or something, that I'll admire you more or something like that?!" I questioned him, poking his chest with my pointer finger and taking him by surprise.

He was at a loss for words, those only things that could manage their way out was stuttered verbal letters. "I-I... It... I-I.... I...."

"You ...you... You what? Hmmm?" I asked, still poking his chest and making fun of him with his stuttering. By now students had stopped to watch us. Some were in complete shock while others snickered. Some choruses of smirks were sent all over their faces as Alex kept stuttering. I shook my head.

"You're hopeless. You really are." I said before walking past him and going onto my next class.

After school was done, I scurried out in hopes of not getting clambered over with the hopeless racing of students who were racing to get out of school, out of misery... Heading home for some fun or going places with friends.

I was putting things in my locker as I heard some screaming; the voice that was verbally speaking I recognized to be Alex's current girlfriend. No doubt he was dropping her already - typical, not even a week together and he's already found a new girl to play around with. I only heard bits and pieces because I was fed up with him and his idiocy.

"YOU CANNOT DO THAT TO ME!" She squealed. I shook my head.

"Oh, but guess what, babe. I already did." His deep voice trilled out; not nearly as booming loud as hers, but still loud... And annoyed.

I sighed heavily as I tried to drain them out and finish getting all my things to take back home for my homework. I literally could not believe this... But, at the same time I could. It's always something that's happening in this medium-sized school. Drama, break ups, tears, idiocy, new couples, new students, people leaving this school to go to another... Something always happened.

As I was walking out of the school building and to the stairs, I lost my footing and started falling. I waited for the pavement to come, to come fast and hard, but... It never seemed to come. I opened one eye and felt a pair of strong hands gripping my waist as I opened the other and looked down; mere inches from falling flat on my face.

He turned me around so I could face him, but once I saw his face I pushed him away - fast and hard taking him by surprise - and got away from him as quickly as I could. Alex. Alex had the actual nerve to catch me and hold me in his arms.

I walked quickly away from him, from him and the school, only to be stalked by him. I heard heavy steps hitting the pavement behind me; they got closer and closer until I swear I could feel breath on my neck. I narrowed my eyes, and stopped short being almost knocked over by his muscular body colliding with my small body. He caught me though. Again.

I turned around quickly, way closer to him than I ever wanted to be. His smirk played at the corner of his lips as it got bigger; slowly but surely. I huffed in annoyance as I stared him down, slowly starting to part my lips getting ready to speak. I'm going to set things straight.