| Chapter Three : The Game is Officially On | ✓

This chapter is now edited. ^-^

------

When I woke up the next morning I smelt something... Something was... Was... WAS BURNING! I jumped up and raced into the little kitchen seeing Alex sitting there with the toaster burning. Whoa wait, hold the phone here... Alex is still here and we stayed at my little house. Aw crap I'm screwed...

I stared at him blankly for a second before raising the little bar and allowing the now burnt toast to pop up and reveal it’s burnt to a crisp, black self as well as send smoke flying into the air making us cough. I frowned a bit.

"Babe! When you see smoke, and you smell something burning... You go get it." I said to him narrowing my eyes but playing with him. Well, of course... We're playing a game - it's only fair. He smirked at me calling him 'babe'.

"Yeah well I like my toast crunchy and dark." He answered, staring at me. I rolled my eyes and slapped his arm before I walked away to my bedroom to grab some of the extra clothes in the dresser. After I changed into something decent, I texted my mom so she knew what had happened to me.

To: mommy | 6:45 AM

Hi mom, sorry I didn't come home last night - I'm at my little house in the woods. Sorry again. :(

I pressed send and walked out after putting it in my skinny jeans pocket. I walked out to see Alex actually eating the burnt toast and sitting at the little table.

"You're actually eating that?!" I asked.

He looked up casually; but I saw him jump a bit when I said that and caught him off guard. "Yup." He said in between crunching.

I lightly laughed. "You don't have to, you know."

"Eh... Can't let good food go to waste." He remarked.

"That wasn't all that good..." I pointed out - the crisp black was basically crumbling away as he took another bite while shrugging. I lightly scoffed to myself.

"Boys..." I softly muttered to myself.

"What was that?" He asked. The toast in his mouth crunched loudly.

"Nothing..." I said almost sing-songy. I grabbed some cereal and milk and poured it into a bowl as he took another bite of that awful toast, finishing both pieces.

"Sure it was nothing. Sure it was... Now what was it, baby?" He asked, smirking to himself. I rolled my eyes as I took a spoon full of my cereal and chewed it and swallowed before I answered him.

"It was nothing, babe. Just talking to myself." I answered, lightly smiling and winking at him before I took another bite. He scoffed to himself as he stood up and put the napkin into the trash. He walked over to the couch and turned on the TV.

I looked up at the clock that was in the kitchen; 7:15. I sighed and grabbed my backpack.

"Yo, princess popularity, school in 45. Let's go!" I said, thumping his head so he'd get up and grab his stuff so we could get there without going to detention.

"I'm not going today." He stated simply, staring at the TV as if his eyes were glued to the screen. I scoffed and ripped the remote out of his hand and turned it off.

"Yes you are." I said, putting it by the TV stand. "Now let's go!"

"I'm not going. This place is awesome." He stated, grinning. I narrowed my eyes at him.

"You are going. You are not staying at my place. You will get up and go to school and leave my house. Got it?" I answered, narrowing my eyes more. He scoffed and crossed his arms, sinking into the couch more and making himself comfortable.