| Chapter Five : Twenty Questions, and Creepy People on the Streets | ✓

This chapter is now edited. c:

---------

I smirked as I froze - staring at my locker - as a pair of strong, big arms wrapped around my waist. His husky voice whispered in my ear.

He really knew how to do this. No wonder he's the school player...

"Hey, babe." His voice lingered on as if there was an echo in my ear. I couldn't move; it felt as if I was paralyzed.

"Mm, having fun, are we?" I asked, flirty and angelic at the same time. I could feel his lips playing at a smirk as he pulled a lock of hair away from my face and tucked it behind my ear and rested his head on my shoulder gently.

"Possibly," His voice kept holding his bad boy charm to it. "How about the challenger?"

I turned around abruptly, almost knocking him over as I smirked fully. "I dunno..."

"Aw come on. You know you are." His eyebrows were lightly wiggling as his smirk grew and his eyes darkened a tint from his bad butt attitude.

"Why did you have to stay at my house last night, ey?" I changed the subject quickly - too quickly.

Oopsies?

"Eh..." he started, then raised an eyebrow. "Wait a minute, here. You changed too quickly. Don't deny it, little Jocee. We all know how irresistible I can be."

I rolled my eyes and scoffed as I closed my locker and ruffled his hair a bit as I whispered seductively to him, "In your dreams, boy."

As I started walking away he stopped me and grabbed my arm, spinning me around and placing a big, fat, slobbery kiss on my cheek while winking and walking off in the opposite direction.

Did he just... And I... Ewww... That was way too slobbery for my taste. Good thing it wasn't on the lips. I shuttered before walking away to the first class of the day.

~-♥-~

The day seemed to speed by as if the remote of life were on fast forward. The whole time I hadn't seen Serenity; not even during lunch. She just seemed to... Disappear. Is she okay? I thought to myself. I hope so...

Alex seemed to be around every corner, his little posse seemed to find out about us - but went better than I thought it would. Well, by better, I don't really mean better since its Alex. The second most popular guy - Zachary Harpson - I had heard made a deal with Alex. I wasn't sure what it was, but it couldn't be good, not at all. 

As I walked away from the school building I heard a loud rumbling following me slowly. I ignored it as long as I could before the music started up. I walked faster, but the car followed me. I sighed heavily and groaned before I turned around to see it was Alex. How'd I know? The rumbling of the car made it sound like it'd break from the booming. The music vibrated the sidewalk I was standing on with horrible screaming-rock-crap. It was terrible. Absolutely terrible.

"Want a ride?" He screamed over the music.

“Ha ha ha ha ha, um, no thanks” I thought.

"Uh... If you want to give me a ride." I yelled back, unenthusiastically.

"Alright, hop in." He leaned over and opened the door, smirking his fool head off. I rolled my eyes and sighed heavily and loudly as I climbed into the ratty, old car. I hadn't gotten my driver's license yet because I was waiting - waiting until the right time. Which... It seems like I should stop waiting now so I don't have to listen to this crap.