CHAPTER 3 - Perverts...Perverts everywhere...

CHAPTER 3 – Perverts... Perverts everywhere...

~*~*~*~

"You can come out now." Mira said and watched Espen crawl out quickly and most definitely in an unlady-like manner that reminded her of an oversized cockroach.

"What was that about?" Said the cockroach, her antenna's twitching.

Mira had to shake her head twice to get rid of the unruly thought about the woman. "Ugh... Umm... I think the king wants to... ugh, see me. It's probably something important." Mira said, stuttering slightly. The cockroach thought scared her for a bit there.

Espen wondered what the king would want with a servant girl like her. "Why?" She asked.

"That doesn't concern you, peasant." Mira said sternly and walked towards Espen and grasped her shoulders firmly. "You said you are poor, correct? And that you have no home?" She suddenly inquired.

Espen raised an eyebrow at Mira. "No need to rub it in. Yes, I am poor. Yes, I have no home." She said and mustered up the most innocent look she could.

Well, it's true anyway. But then again, she's not at all poor, if you know what she means... not until this morning were she's gone broke the moment she opened her eyes.

"Then I shall recommend you to the head maid and let them bring you in. This castle has a fine and fair establishment. You won't have to worry about having no home or having no job." Mira offered a generous smile on her face, proud of herself on how she could help this poor woman.

Espen feigned a wide-eyed reaction. "No, it's alright. You don't have to do that."

She only wants to get out of this hellhole and into another town. She doesn't want to be a maid! One thing she's not good at? Following orders.

"No, I insist! Look at you! Don't you want to prosper?"

Geez, this woman is stubborn. "Yes, but—"

"Then take my offer. No need to act modest. I know you want the job." Mira moved closer to Espen.

Heck, she doesn't want the stupid job. But if she refuses, this woman might get suspicious on how a poor girl would refuse such a high offer of opportunity.

The only opportunity she wants is to smack Carmen on the head for ratting her out.

Espen pursed her lips. Why does she have to be so unfortunate? She sighed and gave Mira a weak smile. "Well, alright—"

Mira smacked Espen on the arm hard in delight and Espen stumbled back slightly. "Oops, sorry." She said, her cheeks flushed with embarrassment.

"It's fine." Espen grumbled lowly under her breath.

Mira suddenly grabbed Espen's wrist and dragged her out the door. Espen tried to pull away but God! This woman had a firm hold. "Come on, first thing to do is to make you presentable." Mira said and pulled her out the hallway.

"Wait! Wait, stop! You're holding my—ow—Bleeding hand—tightly." Espen winced.

Mira immediately yanked her hand away in distress. "Oh God! Sorry! Are you hurt?"

Espen glared at the woman. "My hand is bleeding. No, it feels gooood!"

Mira pursed her lips at Espen's snarky attitude. "Hey, if you want to work here, you are going to have to fix that personality." She growled.

Espen repeated her words but with a much higher pitch.

"Don't you mock me! I do not sound like that." Mira pointed at Espen grudgingly.

Espen keep cool. If you want to get out of here, keep a clear head. "I am sorry. I will never do it again." Like hell!

Mira looked at the woman confusingly then straightened again and smiled. "That's better. Good girl." Mira said and began walking once more.

Espen rolled her eyes then glared at Mira's head as if wanting to blast it with laser eyes. Then she thought of something. "Hey, didn't the king order for you?"

Mira stopped on her tracks. "Ah yes. I forgot." She said and looked back at Espen who looked back with innocence. "But I can go after I'm done with you."

"B-But wouldn't the king get angry if he doesn't get what he wants?" Espen reasoned, trying not to sound too desperate.

"I guess. But I have a task at hand—"

"Or you can tell me where we're heading and I'll take care of things by myself. Bathe, apply or whatever." Espen smiled.

Mira narrowed her eyes suspiciously at Espen on how badly she wants to get rid of her. No, it must be her thoughts. The woman was just probably concerned of her duty to the king.

Suddenly a maid walked by.

Mira looked at the servant girl with a triumphant look. "Hannah, perfect timing." She called and 'Hannah' walked towards the both of them with a friendly smile.

"Yes, Miss Mira?" Hannah inquired.

Miss Mira? Espen thought.

"Ah, I want you to groom the woman and take her to the head maid for her to be made a servant of the house. The woman needs a job. Tell the head maid she came from me. This is Emma." Mira gestured at Espen who blinked twice at Mira before realizing that she lied about her name.

"Oh yes. That's me. Emma." Espen smiled.

Hannah dipped into a curtsey then winked at Mira. "Of course, Miss Mira. I'll see to her at once." The servant giggled before grabbing Espen's hand firmly.

"Ow! The hand!" Espen yanked her hand.

"She has a wound too. Tend to that as well, please?"

~**~**~

Espen giggled girlishly as she dipped her pale legs on the cool waters of a private little lake, which was a few miles away from behind the castle. The lake was a little hidden away by tall and thick trees but the servants and some members of the houehold knew the way here by heart, mostly to bathe or just to bask in the serenity of the peaceful atmposhpere.

She scrubbed hard on her skin to get rid of the grime and the awful smell with scrubs Hannah had given her along with the other grooming supplies before sending her off here.

Of course, the woman had offered to help bathe her but all she got was a big firm NO. Espen was not a child and she does not fancy anyone getting a glimpse of her naked rear.

She plunged her whole body on the soothing water for a while and stood up to breathe. She loved feeling clean.

Well, she hoped her deeds were as squeaky clean as her rear right now.

She took a small plastic bottle on a stool beside her, popped it open and poured herself some fragrant liquid potion Hannah had given her and rubbed it all over her hair.

She massaged her long dark hair and closed her eyes while swaying slowly with the song of the wind. She'd like to stay here for a long time if she could keep bathing in the soothing waters but she has another agenda to tend to.

All she has to do is get access to a horse or any means of transportation and she'd be out of here looking for her traitorous comrade.

She plunged again to get rid of the soap suds in her hair and emerged back out all wet only to come face to face with a half-naked wide-eyed man staring back at her with an equally surprised look.