Author's Note

If you haven't read "Hall of Shadows" and jumped right to the Author's Note, I'll advice you to GTFO this part as major spoilers ahead.

You're still here? Very well, carrying on...

*dramatic sniffs into a spotted hanky and tosses it aside*

I have no idea this story would take off, even faster and more so than "Hall of Games"

I have no idea this story would take off, even faster and more so than "Hall of Games". When I first posted the sequel, I thought it would fall flat in its face. But you guys gave it so much enthusiasm, so much love, it soared high in the ranks and in my heart. Every single comment you guys left made me smile, or grin evilly or cry, or maybe all three.

I am an emotional person, don't judge.

I've always knew Jasper would die. He was never meant to live more than this book, not even when I first drafted the plot. But that didn't make it any easier. Jasper is a part of me, ever since I was a kid. Eli, on the other hand, would play a greater role in the sequels to come. Bet I gave you a heart attack when Jasper killed him and Raphine. ;) Cady grew so much as a person and as a Walker compared to Shadowborn. She's matured from a 2D-ish character into someone I really love and passionate about.

It takes an entire town to write a story. This one is no different. I would like to express my heartfelt gratitude ( If I am boring your with my credentials, go grab some coffee, do a backflip and come back) to Amy, the person who has stuck with me ever since I started writing this ( and putting up with my frequent crying and spoiling), Jess, the most fabulous girl who encourages me to go on even when my characters are being little pricks or I've ran into some kind of wall. Many thanks to Einat, my most talented soon-to-come beta reader, Franchan who always hear me rant and help me out of blocks ( and stick weird things up my bra), Kim who is the most evil sidekick anyone can ever ask for and countless others in our little group who put up with my randomness. Oh, and to my little Amelia, here is a toast to you for being the first person ever to read the entire draft into the middle of the night and then drown my inbox with tears when she finished it.

And of course, how can I forget my most amazing readers? You gave me something to look forward to each week when I post updates. I love reading your comments ( especially the super long ones) and seeing you guys debating over possible theories and ships. Thank you for sticking with me until the end of this story.

Now here comes the important question. Stef, will there be a sequel to "Hall of Shadows"?

Well, originally, there is supposed to be a sequel. The third book will take off after Cady and Josh setting out their separate ways to reunite the Relics and prevent Yana from finding them first. Book III would be told solely in Josh's POV. But, I can't write it.

Before you start throwing rocks at me, hear me out. I am rewriting the entire series, starting from Hall of Games. Every single character, the settings, the story line, languages, magic systems had went through drastic changes. Why the rewrite, Stef? I am hoping to query with the rewrite. I have learned much from the wattpad draft and the huge changes made to the story is essential, and for the best.

*edit* I've finished writing the rewrite. It's now going through crazy edits.

The Wattpad draft for Hall of Games is literally full of holes. Mira, Firaun's lover has absolutely nothing to do with the story. Lydia and Bum didn't have any background story, making them just another disposable side-characters. Firaun resembles Jace Herondale far too much for my liking. Cady in the draft was just having everything her own way and it's far too easy.

Hall of Shadows, however, is something I am proud of. The characters, settings, development and everything is better compared to Hall of Games.

So it all comes down to this. Because the rewrite is 99% different than the WP version, I can't continue writing book III without confusing the stars out of me.

But this isn't the end! I promise! Right now my ultimate goal is to get the rewrite polished as much as possible, turn it from a draft into a book and try my luck with the agents and publishers. If I manage to plow through this daunting journey and end up on the right track, you'll have not just book I, but the entire series running. Wattpad has helped me realize a lot, and grow as a writer. I am eternally grateful for that.

What now Stef?

I will be busy doing my rewrite and my revisions of my rewrite, so I won't be posting anything much more on Wattpad ( copyright reasons). So keep your fingers crossed that one day you will see "Hall of Games" in the bookstores!

Until then, stay beautiful, fabulous, and may the Stars be with you.

Yours always,

Stef