Chapter 26

~~3rd POV~~

The others stare at Sakura with both fear and worry. She was a fury. She was their savior. She was... She was...

No, they couldn't say anything. Not until she woke. This time she didn't speak. Yamazaki assured the others he hadn't known about this but they were still skeptical to exactly what he knew about her. But Souji and him hadn't revealed her once critical condition. She actually looked healthier and they were already on the edge.

Kondou and the others were not sure what to think of this. They could only wait for her to wake and explain what she had just displayed.

~~Sakura POV~~

I was awake and no longer feeling weak. Just terrified at what to expect. I knew they were right there waiting for me to make some sort of movement so they knew if I was awake.

The leftover energy had took care of and healed my poisoned state. I couldn't believe what had just happen. What he did, what I said, what I did...

I've been sleeping for a while and it was now morning, but they stayed through the night waiting. I didn't have the mental strength to face them. Shame had cast its dark shadow over me. My willpower had been destroyed along with any respect they had for me.

They had a true glimpse of what kind of tree laid behind the blossoms. I'm not sure they would want me. Not when they knew what I was but...

For now I just sleep. I couldn't face them yet.

~~~

I sit up in a panic barley able to breathe. "Sakura, calm down. It's just a dream." Kondou-San says wrapping his arms around me. I calm down in them and hold him back. He lets me go when he feels the shaking stop.

"Are you feeling okay?" I nod.

"I know I have to explain. Let me get ready and I'll meet all of you after." They all silently leave. Kondou-San is kind enough to give my hand an encouraging squeeze. They lingered by the door until I finally heard it shut.

I walk to where they wait and sit silently. "So you're a fury?" They ask.

"I suppose." I say evasively, looking at my hands as I leaned against the wall.

"Is that how you know how to handle a fury?"

"No." The answer surprises them.

"Than how?" I don't answer.

"How long?"

"It was one of the reasons why I ran away."

"So when you were five?" I nod.

"You crave blood? I thought you said furies need blood to survive." I shake my head.

"Not in the way other furies do. For me I don't hunger for it... It's more like a bloodlust rather than craving."

"And what about injuries? I thought furies have high speed regeneration."

"I take a poison that slows my bodies abilities." They look over to a quiet Yamazaki.

"I did know she took that but not for this reason." They nod.

"Did you take it today?" I nod. "How much, daily?"

"One or two. I take two to four more if there's a battle or fight."