Chapter 36

After calming down Souji and everyone else, we were all sitting down together with the demons and with Souji sitting right next to me in hostility. "What do you need that it involves them?" I ask.

"Your stalker has also contacted us. We were threatened that if we helped you we would be put to death." Amagiri explains.

"It was written on my walls in blood." Karou says.

"They had an almost dead man deliver me a note." Kyo says from his spot against the wall.

"He's sent vary clear messages." Kazama says. "But, I wanna read your message seeing as it all began with you." My eyes widen but Hijikata pulls it out. I curse and quickly move to stand in front of him defensively when Kazama stands to get it.

"What is there to hide?" He grins.

"A lot that you don't need to know." I say with narrowed eyes. Amagiri stands and Karou appears at my side.

"I won't let you touch her." Karou grins.

"Look, we're all being threatened. Whatever we find out will be revealed by the guy doing this. We're gonna have to work together to eliminate him." Kyo reasons. He was right.

I let out a deep breath. "If you try something, I will kill you." I say throwing the bandages his way making him smirk. We all sit back down. The demons all take turns reading. Kazama's eyes sparkle when they land on mine.

"Do you want to hand over those fans or do I have to take them?" I pull it out and throw it at him. It lands on the wall behind him but leaves a scratch on his cheek. He takes it unaffected and wipes the blood away like nothing.

"'The dragon circle in quiet summer is masked in cherry blossoms.'" He reads out. He has to think.

"Look at the kanji. It's a riddle with the answer in it." Amagiri explains. "She is Kamen Sakura, 'masked in cherry blossom,' but there are kanji's that are of Shizuka Tatsumaru, 'the dragon circle in quiet summer.' They are one and the same it seems." All the demons stare at me in surprise.

"You had us on a wild chase. Vary clever." Kazama grins. "Can we see some proof?" I say nothing as I leave. I come back and unsheathe my sword to reveal the black blade.

"Is that a true Tatsumaru sword?" I sheath it.

"So you're not a fury. You are the purest of all demons." Kazama grins. "Does that mean you have the mark? Traditionally it is put on the back." I don't look at anyone but begin to unwrap my bandage on the right arm and pull it off. Everyone gasps.

"The Tatsumaru mark... The dragon."

"But there were developed furies who I killed."

"Why'd you say you were a fury?" Sannan asks.

"Because I don't see the difference. Unlike normal demons I am one o the founding demon bloodlines and I have a unquenchable bloodlust. I still want to kill, to rule, to have power... I don't see the difference."

"Going against your own nature just so you can associate yourselves with a few greenhorns? Why? You are the most powerful of demons, you could rule and fulfill what you need."

"I don't know how you grew up but I spent years fulfilling that need. I didn't know it at the time but I knew it felt right. I hate that it felt right. I hate that I did that to all those furies and people. I hate that I enjoyed it. But even if I enjoyed it, they made sure to show me what I did to them by inflicting it on me ten fold. And now I stuck in the middle. So whoever is doing this plans to use that to their advantage. To make sure I let it go and do all those horrible things. Now if you still want me to embrace that side of me I suggest you stop before I embrace it on you. And thankfully you're a demon. You'll still heal and I can continue the fun. Now, is that what you want?" I look to Kazama with hard eyes who is slightly worried but covers it up.

"I can see how they would know your weakness. Your own nature and purpose and your resolve to not advance on it will be their weapon."

"Tch." I look to Karou. "Now that my secrets are exposed why do you want to protect me? In all of this you are one of the mysteries." He takes a moment to compose himself.

"Although I did not know your identity my brother acted as your caretaker and posed as your brother. He requested that I ensure your safety if he ever died when I tracked him down. It did take some time to track you though." I nod.

"But for now we can only wait but we need a plan for when he comes."

"But they said they'd erase your memories again. Wasn't it your brother who-"

"He's not my brother and he's dead. But memory erasing wasn't uncommon for me. Ryou, my master, helped me retrieve memories erased from me when I asked about my mark. It could be those who put this on me."

"That would involve a ritual involving at least three alive members of your clan. This could mean your family is coming back for you." Kazama says. "Care to tell how many were present at the ritual?"

"It lasted many days. It's a blur but there was a boy my age whose job was to help calm me, and then there were about... Five official members in cloaks." He nods smirking.

"That's a lot for a dead clan. There could be more in hiding." Kyo says.

"But, I've heard in rumors there is a way for members to summon other Tatsumaru demons. It's a signal or call for help." Amagiri informs, thinking.

"We could take them all out then. Everyone would have to be ready but you... You'll have to do the hard part." Kazama says.

"It involves the eyes which seems to be a barrier for you." Amagiri informs.

"Wait, we're gonna call more demons like you? Can you even stand against them?" Heisuke shouts receiving a warning from the others.

"We could call in favors for reinforcements but... It won't work because no one would dare try to kill off a bloodline as ancient and noble as that." Karou interjects.

"Yeah, but the ones that surrender can go. The ones who choose to go against me... I can make more of Healers Water. The poison I gave Karou." I say.

"But they destroyed most of it just a while ago." Hijikata says.

"I can make more. If they haven't build tolerance to it like I have, then they'll be vulnerable. But, Sannan, I will need the Water of Life to make it." He sighs.

"I suppose it is for the best."

"I can't make as much as we need by myself. Kazama, Amagiri, Kyo, Karou, will you help me with it? I need demon blood." They nod reluctantly. "Everyone needs to train and-"

"You will also. There are two forms to Tatsumaru eyes. Either balanced or unbalanced. It reveals emotional and mental stability. Unbalanced calls are more limited. Balanced, depending on your strength is unlimited. Other demons might hear it but they won't know what it is. We might need to train more if you're unbalanced." Amagiri says.

"Which is which?"

"Slit eyes are balanced. Full black is unbalanced."

"How do you know so much if her clan is so rare?" Souji asks. He's been silent for a while.

"My clan served the Tatsumaru's until they went into hiding. I still see it as our duty." I don't react but I say nothing either.

"She will have to train, based off her recent outburst I wouldn't think her mental and emotional state would be balanced." Kazama smirks.

"Then we will have to train longer and more vigorously. Kazama and I will train you. Have the others do the Healers Water developing." I nod. "But it will be painful."

I have nothing more to hold me back.

"Just tell me when to start."