Chapter 27

It had been a few days after Kazama's attack. I was tracking them again to no avail. I fell asleep when I was going through my notes and findings.

I suddenly feel the notes being tugged away. I punch as a reflex and hear someone laugh as they dodge. Hiro.

"I knew you'd do that." He grins. Luckily he had been protecting the headquarters on the other side so I didn't have to worry about telling him about me.

I organized my papers together. "That was mean." I mumble.

"You've been working too hard. Relax. You know they always come back." I nod sighing. "Come on, stand up." I look at him skeptically but take his hands. He helps me up than suddenly he lifts me on to his back.

"Hiro, I don't wanna play." I groan laying against his back.

"Come on, loosen up." He says bouncing me.

"No!" I half chuckle, still tired. He lets me go, almost falling until I catch him. "Don't do that!"

"You were almost sleeping." I stick my tongue out at him. He sets me down. "Come on, wake up or one..." I look up.

"Two..." What?

"Three!" He takes my hands and starts spinning me. I yelp with surprise until I start laughing.

"You're gonna make me dizzy!" I say letting go laughing hard.

"Let's play a game." He says.

"Loser has to do something for the other." I set the reward. He nods.

"We can't be on our legs and we have to knock each other down when we're on our hands. No rules." I smirk.

"You're on."

We face each other and push ourselves up our legs not touching the ground. I quickly bend my legs under me to kick him back but he rolls out of range. I flip over back to my original form. "Are you gonna make me go all the way over there?" He smirks.

I force me to stand on my hands. I see Sano coming back from patrol. "Sano! Toss me the spear!" He gives me a look, taking his time to come over.

"What are you doing?" He asks.

"Playing a game. That's not fair!" I call as he rests his legs against the tree.

"No rules!" He calls back laughing. I pull out my fan and throw it. He's unfazed as he lulls his head to one side as the fan hits where his head use to be. I switch hands and throw my other fan. He just moves his legs to one side of the tree. My fan stuck in the tree. He laughs.

"Give me that." I say yanking the spear from Sano. I bend my arm and launch myself up to throw the spear. I land on my hands and I watch as the spear is embedded in the tree, low, between his legs. He's wide eyed as I smirk. "No rules."

"That's dirty." He says but smirking back.

"It's just how I play. But really... You won't be able to beat me." I walk some ways closer making him get ready. Than, out of the blue, throws a hidden knife. I catch it with my feet as I bend just before my face.

I walk forward. We're in reach of each other, waiting for who will make the first move. I do.

He prepares, as I go up, for my body to crash on him. Instead my hands land on his wrist with my body in the air. I lower myself so my lips are at his ear. "You can't win."

He lets his legs fall to the side so I can go down but I know this trick. His legs were both inches from the floor. I yank out the spear and snap it against his legs so they hit the ground. I grin with victory as he pouts. I stand up with ease.

"That's two favors you now owe me." I say cheerfully. I stop when I notice everyone watching from way back. "Oh, we're you watching?" I ask as I near them.

"Yes, that's impressive." Kondou-San says. I grin.

"Thanks, he owes me two favors now."

"That showed a lot of control and balance you have." Sannan compliments.

"Thanks."

"Yeah, we always play games to test our abilities. I've never lost." I say proudly.

"Sakura..." I nod for Konodu-San to continue. "I was thinking, maybe you could train the captains."

"What!?" Everyone yells.

"Yes, your skills are exceptional so I'm sure you could teach them a few things or help them improve in some areas."

"Sure. But I prefer one on one training."

"B-but we haven't even discussed-" Hijikata begins.

"No, I think this is best. Sakura you can choose the order." He says walking away with Sannan and confused Hijikata.

I look to the others. "Decide when. But I'll start at Division one and go by numbers unless you think of another order. I'll be waiting since all my leads have gone dead."