The Darkness

Ok about three years later and they were kindergarten. Jack was 5 and Mark was 6(do the math people!!!!). Also if spell word incorrectly then that means I am very tired and needs sleep. I've been on a drawing frenzy every since 10pm and each drawing either took one hour and 30 minutes or about 50 minutes. I draw very fast. Anyway, enjoy!!!

Jack's POV:

Ever since me and Mark went to the tree, he's been acting weird, like overprotective weird. Whenever something looks strange like darkness as he told me, he would hold tight and pull me closer to him like I was going to leave to go somewhere. We were at the tree we got made our promise at and Mark kept shifting his eyes from me to the tree. I was confused because there was nothing wrong with this tree. I crawled towards him and hugged him tightly so he could calm down. He tensed up a bit and relaxed after awhile. He hugged back and we cuddled by the tree. We stayed like that after a few minutes and I decided that I should ask Mark about why he so scared of the darkness and want to protect me from it. "M-mark?" He looked at me with a sleepy grin on his face."Yes Jack" "Why are you so protective over me, especially the darkness." He let a very deep  sigh and looked at me with his famous big brown eyes that always melted my heart."The reason I do it is a ridiculous reason and I shouldn't over reacted so much.""Jack, the truth is that, when we were kindergarten, when we made our promise, a dark shadow came across me and said that.....Your smol bean will be mine." He looked at his feet and gave a frown. "Listen, Jack, I know you don't believe me but, I do and you know I will protect you no matter what" I hugged Mark tightly and made little circles on his knuckles. I felt something on my head and looked up to Mark in tears. I kissed his cheek and started to wipe the tears off of his cheeks with my long hoodie sleeves. He smiled and my heart went a million miles. We cuddled next to the tree until we fell asleep here for what seemed like hours.

3 hours later*

Mark's POV: 

I opened my eyes and saw that the sun was just now setting and it was night time. I looked down to see Jack in my lap snoring softly. I smiled and picked him up with my massive muscles!!!(I had toXD) I took him to my house since his mom trusts me with Jack and I see why. I opened the door carefully not to wake up Jack and I slipped into the house. It was dark but I could see where I was going. I went up to my room and placed Jack on bed. When I did, he immediately cuddled with my pillow and smiled. He always did like my scent. I laid down beside him and grabbed the blankets over us. All of a sudden, heard something in the hallway. I got out of bed and grabbed my flashlight so I could see. When I opened my door, I turned on the flashlight and heard the whispers again. I looked around with flashlight and the whispers started to grow more and more. Suddenly, I felt a sharp pain in my head and I dropped the flashlight in pain. I clutched the sides of my head and fell to the ground with tears in my eyes as the pain had grown into pure agony. I curled into a ball and then I looked up. When I did, I saw a dark figure that looked like a monster. He had pointed teeth, he was all black, he had red piercing eyes and figure like a ghost. He came close to me and I tried scooting away but my head was hurting so bad. "Didn't I tell little Mark?" "When will you learn that I get what I want""And now you must serve me in your stupidity."  I heard him say that and I started to shiver on the ground as the tears kept flowing like a waterfall. I felt a weird sensation in my body and then it turned into a painful sensation. I screamed out in pain as my head turned from agony to insane to kill me now in a few seconds. Then all of a sudden, It turned black.