1.2 - room service

Hadley sat in her hotel bed. She was the first one awake, as she barely got any sleep the night before. It made no sense to her that she was incapable to make out a coherent sentence in front of new people. It was definitely nagging at the back of her mind.

The other girls all have had stable conversation with the boys. All having personal time with them. Hadley however, made a complete fool out of herself. It wasn't fair.

Hadley wanted to scream. Why couldn't she get past her stupid fan girl acts? She had a job and she couldn't even do it. Although, beating herself up about it probably wasn't the best solution. So Hadley just sat and played on her phone, with no other clue with what to do with herself. Mackenzie was fast asleep and Hadley didn't want to wake her up because she knew Mackenzie needed her sleep.

Hadley sent a text to her mother, just saying that she loved them and that she missed her family. She was interrupted by a subtle knock at the door. Hadley dropped her phone on the bed as she went to answer it. It was probably room service her to collect sheets or something.

Hadley stomped over to the door, sweatpants and t-shirt, no makeup and all. She scratched her head which had her hair all tangled in a bun. She swung the door open, ready to let the room service people in.

"I'm sorry I must have the wrong room..." The blonde boy spoke until he realized he wasn't at the wrong room, "Hadley! Hey!"

Hadley screamed and slammed the door shut. Luke Hemings was standing at her door. Luke Hemings saw her in this state. Mackenzie jumped awake from sound of her friend's scream. "What's wrong?" Mackenzie asked frantically her eyes not even open all the way.

"Luke... Outside... I... Oh my god!" Hadley screamed and ran to the bathroom to at least brush the nots out of her hair (not delicately) and brush her teeth as quick as she could. Hadley went back to the door and took a deep breath before opening it. "Hey." She said smoothly.

Luke looked very confused and almost concerned. "I didn't mean to scare you."

"Scare me? Pft! That's funny." Hadley leaned against the door. "But um... Why are you at my hotel room?"

"Oh!" Luke reached into his pocket as if trying to fish something out. In seconds he pulled out the business card that had the name of the hotel on it. "I asked the old dude at the front desk if there was a Hadley staying here. He said it was private, but I basically had to bed the man." Luke laughed nervously.

Hadley nodded slowly, "Why?" She wanted to slap herself when that came out. He's gonna think she doesn't want him here. Which is far from the truth.

Luke rocked back on his heels and looked up and down the hall. He clearly was uncomfortable now.

"I didn't mean it like that!" Hadley shouted frantically. Luke smiled awkwardly, probably rethinking his choices of even coming here. "I mean," Hadley took a deep breath, "Why'd you take your time to find me?"

Luke shrugged, "I guess I just wanted to talk to you again. It felt cool talking to a fan, so I wanted to find you."

Hadley felt flattered but at the same time she felt as if he just wanted to see a fan. Not necessarily her. But that didn't really matter to her at this point. "Well here I am!"

"There you are." Luke laughed. There was a moment of awkward silence. People say that awkwardness is cute when it comes to interactions. But when you have two equally awkward people, it just turns out like this. Neither knowing exactly what to say. "So, would you want to go somewhere? Just talk?"

"Talk?" Hadley asked completely surprised and unsure if she should. She looked back in the room at Mackenzie giving her a big thumbs up. Hadley turned back to Luke. "Sure. Can I just get changed first?"