1.3 - "we need to get serious"

The girls had decided that their plan needed to be taken into action, after so long of just getting the boys location. It was time to finally do something about it. Instead of texting, the girls thought it would be cool to video chat. That would just make it easier on them, especially with all the typing they do on the daily.

Hadley and Mackenzie sat next to each other with the small little tablet in front of them. That's all Mackenzie could afford to bring with them on their trip to the big city. Her dad has been nothing but supportive of this whole operation, to which she couldn't be more thankful.

Emily pulled her hair back as she stared into the camera of her Mac book pro. Her and calum have been communicating quite a lot lately, which she still found to be absolutely insane. That Jason guy wouldn't stop messaging her either. So her phone was constantly going off. She didn't have the heart to tell Jason to back off, but at some point she knew she had to.

Alex yawned while she adjusted the glasses resting on her face. It was late where she was, but this conversation with her friends was far more important than getting sleep.

"So, what I'm hearing is that we all have some form of communication with the guys?" Emily said. All the girls nodded. Who would've thought that they'd ever get to this point?

Mackenzie rose her hand, "Yes. But Ashton was telling me that he has a show tonight. He wants me to go, but I told him I wasn't feeling well. The thought of him with another band is just... ew."

Each of them cringed. They couldn't believe still that Ashton had completely moved on. He didn't even want to consider dropping his new band.

"Hadley however," Mackenzie smirked, "has been with Luke all the time. They are basically dating."

"Girl, I wish." Hadley slapped her hand onto her chest as if the comment had given her chest pains. "He's so fragile... poor little bean. We really need to do something about it. About all of this."

Alex was looking around her room. Trying to think of anything. Something that could potentially help them move their plan along. This constant waiting around and goofing off with the boys wasn't helping, plus it was only wasting time. Being on texting terms with them isn't enough to really get into their heads and make them realize that being a part of 5 Seconds of Summer was far more than they thought.

"I just don't know where to go from here." Emily sighed.

"Yeah..." Mackenzie and Hadley mumbled together. They all seemed hopeless.

"Unless..." Alex finally spoke. The girls all looked to her with a glimmer of hope. Maybe they could bring them back. Maybe it wasn't a waste. "Unless we just change our plan up a bit."

Emily raised her eyebrows, "What do you mean?"

Alex sighed and sat up straighter in her bed, "We only planned the initial part of the plan. Ask them about the fans? Check. Talk to them about the band? Check. Ask about their old music? Check. We are forgetting that we all have their numbers. We all can talk to them. We can get close to them."

They all stared at her blankly. Alex groaned in frustration because they don't get where she's trying to go with this. "We get close to them. Make them like us. Then we force them back together."

"I think you're forgetting that Calum and I are all the way in Australia." Emily grumbled.

"But! What if we can get them all to meet up in New York?" Alex added.

"I have a feeling that more of my parents money is gonna be spent on this plan, huh?" Emily said.

Alex shrugged with a small smile. Mackenzie huffed, trying to think of how exactly that could be done. What could make someone fly across the country, across the world even, to get to one city? The idea was insane and seemed to unrealistic that it just couldn't work.

"Ashton's band." Hadley said. All the girls perked up and listened intently. "His band. Kenz, didn't you say that Ashton is going to some band festival sometime soon? Where all those bands come to perform and face off?"

"Yeah, but-"

"Bam! There we go!" Alex shouted, "We get them all to go there!"

"How in the hell," Emily spoke, "do you guys think I'm gonna convince Calum to go to New York with me for a weekend?"

Alex shrugged, "Tell him you'll suck his dick or something."

"Alex!" Mackenzie squealed.

"Virgin ears here!" Hadley giggled and covered Mackenzie's ears. Mackenzie swatted Hadley's hands away and began to pout, crossing her arms over her chest.

Emily laughed loudly and adjusted the laptop so that it wasn't directly rested on her knees anymore, "As much as I'd love to, I don't think that'll work. I'll think of something don't worry."

"So, we're basically going to trick them into meeting up at a band festival where their ex drummer is performing with another band? Right, because that's a great idea!" Mackenzie rolled her eyes. There wasn't anything good that could come out of this. Either they all get angry at each other or they just don't want to speak to each other.

"Yes." Alex said with a smile. She knew that this was the only way that they could all collide in one space again. This was their final chance to get this plan in action. They had to get back together.

Hadley looked at Kenzie and gave her a reassuring shoulder pat. "What if they find out we've just been manipulating them the whole time?" She asked.

"Hopefully they don't." Emily said feeling a slight pain in her heart. She didn't want to think about how Calum would react to finding out that Emily was only manipulating him. That this whole time she knew what she was doing and that he was simply a pawn in all of this.

Hadley stared down at her hands. She felt something with Luke. Maybe something was blossoming between the two, but she knew that if he found out about her plan, he wouldn't want anything to do with her anymore, how could he?

"It'll be okay. They just won't find out. And if they do... they'll understand it's for a good cause." Alex said trying to comfort her friends. They all nodded. It was for the best. The band had to get back together. The fandom had to be together again, no matter what it took.

"We have to get serious." Alex said sternly. The girl again all nodded in agreement.

"Lets do this guys." Hadley smiled.

And with that, the girls ended their video chat. Mackenzie and Hadley sat in silence in their hotel room, the TV on in the background. They were both extremely nervous. This plan could not fail.

"I'm scared." Hadley finally spoke. Mackenzie looked over at her friend. She could see that Hadley was genuinely contemplating this whole thing. "Luke talks to me Kenz. He tells me all these things and how he's happy he has a friend in me now. I don't want to ruin that."

Mackenzie leaned over and gave her friend a side hug, "I know. But we need to do what's best for the band. They were all friends once. If we pull this off, Luke will have his friends again."

Hadley sighed, falling back onto the bed. Her eyes staring at the bland ceiling. "You're right."

"We got this." Mackenzie said. They had to do this. No matter what the cost.

-

SURPRISE HI

I'm sure no one reads this anymore and I'm SO sorry that this has taken so long.

Long story short: everything was a mess and I didn't have time to write and I couldn't think of where to take this story, but after rereading I realized I missed it, so here we are.

I know this was short, but I'll try to update soon with something better I promise

Love y'all!