0.1 - the girls

It had been six months.

Six months of her favorite band being separated. So here Alex was, staring at her laptop as she watched old interviews of her favorite boys on YouTube. She sighed, reaching into a bag of potato chips that rested beside her. It still didn't feel real to her. After all this time Alex still felt like they were still together making music. But they weren't.

After the video ended, she closed her laptop. Her heart ached and she couldn't handle watching another. Alex did this to herself. Her parents had told her to just move on and that they were just a band. But they weren't just a band to Alex. She spent years of her life with those boys. She couldn't simply just give that up. Alex refused.

She pulled the covers of her bed over her head, trying to block out the sun that was streaming in through the windows. All she wanted to do was sit in her own misery. But that didn't seem to work as her younger brother knocked away at the wooden door. Alex groaned, "Go away Danny!"

Danny opened his sisters door, staring at her with a smirk. He enjoyed annoying her. It's what brothers lived for. "Mum wants you," he said before walking back down the hall. He had left her door open. That annoyed Alex more than anything. Alex tossed her covers to the side before sliding out of bed.

Alex trudged out of her bedroom and down the hall, descending down the stairs. She almost tripped over the last step, but thankfully caught herself. Alex wasn't the most graceful human being to have walked the planet. Alex peaked around the corner of the kitchen, seeing her mum cooking up dinner.

"You wanted me," she mumbled squinting at the bright light of the room. Alex had been locked away in her bedroom for several hours now. Maybe even a few days. She only came out for food and to use the restroom.

Her mother looked up from the pot, smiling at the site of her daughter. "Oh look, you're alive," her mother joked.

"Har har, hilarious. Now what did you need?" Alex leaned against the doorframe.

Alex's father walked through the room, his eyes focused on his phone. Probably a new reddit post or something. Her father was all about that kind of stuff. "I was just gonna ask if you could help make dinner. Considering I haven't seen you in days," her mother said.

Alex groaned, but helped nonetheless.

"So, I've been thinking," Her mother said reaching for the dish towel. Alex stirred the noodles in the pot, looking over at her mother curiously. Whenever she said something like that, Alex knew that the idea couldn't have been good. She had learned that the hard way.

"About?" Alex asked taking the wooden spoon out of the pot. She placed it down on the marble counter.

Her mother took the finished pot of noodles and drained the water into the sink. "I got this flyer in the mail. Apparently this summer camp has opened up over in West Virginia and it seems rather nice."

Alex's eyes widen in horror at what her mother was hinting at. "Are you saying... I should go to this camp?"

Alex hated nature. In fact she hated going outside in general. And she knew that her family knew that as well. "Actually," her mom trailed off, "Your father and I already signed you up."

Alex gasped before shouting, "Dad!"

Alex's father peaked around the corner, a guilty look on his face. This couldn't have been happening. She didn't want to go to summer camp. She wanted to sit in her room and sulk in her own misery like she had been doing.

"No," Alex stated. She meant it too. Alex did not want to go.

"You're going. We already paid." Her father said with a sympathetic smile. He knew that Alex liked staying home. But it wasn't his choice. Plus he knew this could be good for her.