0.2 - camp

Alex stepped out of the cab, stretching out her arms over her head. She thanked the man before handing him the money she owed and grabbed her duffle bag. Alex couldn't believe her parents actually sent her across the entire country just so she could be here. Alex dragged her bag behind her, passing the main entrance which was surrounded by girls.

An all girl summer camp sounded like the stupidest thing to have ever been created.

"Excuse me?" A middle aged woman approached Alex holding a clipboard and black pen. Alex sighed, stopping place. Her bag sat in the dirt, but she didn't care.

"Yes?" Alex asked.

"May I have your name?" The woman asked eyeing up the paper on her clipboard. Alex mumbled her name which she had to repeat because the woman didn't hear her the first time. Once checked off the list the woman had instructed her that her cabin was going to be in area two. She would share it with some girl named Mackenzie.

Alex huffed and dragged her bag over to section two where she was, yet again, guided to her exact cabin. Alex mumbled a thank you to the strange woman before walking up the front steps. The wood creaked underneath her feet. Was this place even safe?

She threw the door open, making it swing back and smack someone right in face.

"Ow," a girl with curly brown hair muttered holding onto her nose with one hand. Alex's eyes widened before dropping her bag.

"Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry!" Alex rushed over to the girl, grabbing her shoulders. Alex hadn't been here for more than fifteen minutes and has already injured someone. The curly haired girl took a step away from Alex and tripped over her own bag. She slipped and fell to the ground with a loud thud.

"Ow again," Mackenzie muttered still holding onto her nose.

"Okay, that wasn't my fault that time," Alex stated raising her hands up in defense. Mackenzie glared up at the girl who had just barged into her cabin. This couldn't have been the Alex she was assigned to share a cabin with. Alex was dressed in high waisted jean shorts, a black nirvana shirt, with a red flannel overtop. Mackenzie would say that this girl was a stereotypical wanna be grunge girl.

"Can you just... Stop," Mackenzie said as she slowly but surely climbed off the ground.

Alex rolled her eyes as she picked up her duffle bag once again. "I didn't even do anything," she said tossing the bag onto the bed that was all the way in the back. Mackenzie looked her over.

"That's my bed," Mackenzie said crossing her arms. She already didn't like this girl all that much and they had only met. Alex looked over at Mackenzie with an eyebrow raised.

"Not anymore."

Mackenzie sighed, choosing to just let it go. She picked up on Alex not actually wanting to be here. She could understand. Mackenzie gathered her things and put them on the opposite bed. "So," she started, "What's your name?"

"Alex, but you probably already knew that," Alex laughed a bit as she unzipped her bag. Unpacking had to be the worst part of going anywhere. Even more than packing up.

Of course Mackenzie knew that. So why did she even ask? She shook her head at herself before following Alex's lead in unpacking.

When they both finally finished, Alex walked over to the front door of the cabin. Mackenzie was already sat in bed with a book in hand. "Hey Mackenzie!" Alex shouted.

Mackenzie glanced up from her book.

"Wanna come look around with me?" Alex smiled actually trying to be nice now. If she was going to be stuck with this girl for three months then she had to be nice. Or else things would just be down right awful.