0.9 - manly bonding

That day Alex sat alone in her room in her aunts beach house. She couldn't clearly wrap her mind around what was happening. Ashton couldn't possibly be in a new band. She had to reread through the group chat just to actually get clear understanding. She sighed reading the texts again.

Hadley: guys

Hadley: we can't do this anymore

Emily: WHAT WHY

Alex: what's wrong Hadley?

Mackenzie: ashton is in a new band

Mackenzie: he's happy and we need to respect that

Emily: wtf

Alex: no

Hadley: yeah it's fucked up

Hadley: but we can't do that to him

Emily: ok...

Alex: oh

She couldn't believe that Ashton would just move on like that. She can't see him performing with another band and being happy with someone other than 5 Seconds Of Summer.

Her felt as if it was collapsing in on itself. This hurt a lot. It's just the fact that they had failed at the one thing that they believed could make everything better. Ashton couldn't just do that. It wasn't fair.

Alex walked into the kitchen, looking for something to eat. She was a stressful eater. She pulled out a bag of chips from the cabinet as Danny walked in. He could already tell something was wrong with his sister.

"What's wrong?" He asked reaching into the open bag of chips Alex was holding. She yanked the bag away.

"Nothing."

Danny tilted his head and looked at his sister suspiciously. Something was definitely up. But he didn't want to press the problem further. That never helped. He learned that.

"Okay," he said, "But the new Call Of Duty game came out today. Can you drive me down to go get it." Danny thought it would be nice for Alex to get out of the house and calm down. So maybe a drive could do that.

"Why can't Bella take you?" Alex asked shoving a handful of barbecue chips in her mouth.

Danny shrugged, "She's out with her friends or whatever. Please?"

Alex sighed and threw the bag of chips on the counter. She then crossed the room and took the car keys from the little hook. "Let's go."

Danny squealed and ran to get his shoes. Even though he was fourteen and three years younger than Alex, he still acted like a little kid at heart. One of the reasons why she loved him.

The two drove through LA traffic, blasting the overplayed songs on pop radio. Alex learned that Danny has a secret obsession with Taylor Swift. It was actually quite funny.

Alex wasn't entirely sure where the nearest GameStop was, but after a good half hour of driving around they thankfully found it. Alex pulled the car into a spot and turned off the ignition. She actually just passed her drivers test before going off to camp. It was honestly a great relief and a fantastic freedom that she now had.

Danny pulled out his wallet and counted his money to make sure he had enough. Alex had a feeling that aunt Bella gave him that money just to leave her alone.

The two walked inside and Alex was instantly drawn to the new Pokemon game that they had on display. Too bad she didn't have a 3DS to play it on. It looked amazing. Danny was on the opposite side of the store, looking at games for his PS4.