0.7 - "im not crazy"

Hadley sat up in the bed of a hotel she was staying in. Somehow she had convinced her parents to let her go on a trip with a friend. That friend of course was Mackenzie and her father. Hadley was so involved with going through with the plan that she could barely sleep. Even Mackenzie was noticing her excitement, sometimes uneasiness.

The night before a text had been sent through the group chat, notifying them that Emily had a not so pleasant run in with Calum. Apparently sad news was told, which made the four girls actually quite upset. Hadley didn't want to believe that her favorite band and idols had simply stopped talking all together. They were practically childhood friends. How could that happen?

Mackenzie walked through the room that they were sharing, her purse hanging over her shoulder. She looked over at Hadley who wasn't even paying any attention to her entrance. "You okay?"

Hadley huffed, but nodded, "Yeah. I'm good."

Mackenzie sighed and sat down on the edge of the bed. She grabbed the remote control, turning on the television to some free movie channel that the hotel offered. In the room next door was Mackenzie's dad. From the help of Emily's credit card, the girls were able to pay for the combo of both rooms. It seemed to be working out so far.

"Kenz?" Hadley spoke suddenly making Mackenzie jump slightly.

"Yeah?"

"Do you think this whole... Plan thing is actually gonna work?" Hadley asked with a small frown. The news about the guys really changed her mood.

Mackenzie stared at the television screen not really sure how to answer the question. She wanted to believe that their plan was full proof, but there was always that slight feeling of failure in there. What if they don't get back together? Then what? But Mackenzie could see how upset Hadley was at the moment, so she didn't want to make things worse for her.

"I think so." Mackenzie gave Hadley a smile from over her shoulder. Hadley returned it with a sad smile, but a smile nonetheless.

Hadley's phone buzzed making both girls jump. Hadley leaned over to the bedside table and picked up her phone, looking at the illuminated screen. "Oh my god!" Hadley screamed tossing her phone at Mackenzie and started rolling around on the bed. Mackenzie laughed at her before picking up the phone.

"What now?" Mackenzie laughed.

Hadley was the type of girl that showed her excitement in dramatic ways. For example, rolling around, flailing her arms around like a maniac, screaming, and the best of all... Making up her own songs. It was really amusing.

Hadley crawled over by Mackenzie's side, "Read it! Read it right now!" She screamed. So she did.

Mackenzie looked on the screen just to see that twitter was open. However what she saw explained Hadley's behavior.

"He tweeted." Mackenzie stated, looking up at Hadley, who was bright red all over the face.

Hadley snatched her phone back, "I know! He tweeted a picture! Mackenzie! Don't you get it?"

Mackenzie shook her head.

Hadley groaned and pushed her off the bed, Mackenzie falling to the floor with a loud thud. "You idiot! We can track him down, duh! Look look..." Hadley crawled over to the edge of the bed and shoved her phone in front of Mackenzie's face, "See that?"

Mackenzie nodded slowly, rubbing her rear that was now slightly soar, "Yeah. Those are buildings."

Hadley rolled her eyes, "Yes, they are buildings. But see that? That's a company name. Kenzie! He basically gave away his location!"