Chapter 11

Blackness...

I slowly opened my eyes and squinted. I was lying on my back in what felt like a bed. My vision was blurry so I couldn't see much and my ears were ringing. A constant white noise filled my brain. Then they broke into separate beeps.
Beep... Beep... Beep.
I opened my eyes more to see a man hunched over me, his eyes closed tight. It was Phil.
"Phil?" I said and I slowly sat up and looked around.
"Oh thank god!" Phil sighed and he sat back into his chair. I looked around to see that I was in an emergency hospital room. It was one of the small ones for minor emergencies. I had something wrapped around my arm and as I turned to see it, I was hooked up to a monitor. But I was still in my normal clothes.
"What happened? Where's Dan?" I asked sitting up further. Phil closed his eyes tight. I gasped. "Oh god! He's not dead is he?" I said tearing up. Phil looked at me with sad eyes.
"No, Y/N he is in a coma, don't you remember?" He said.
"No..." I lied. I knew what happened but I had to hear it from someone else. I had to know that this was true and not just some awful nightmare.
"You... Walked into the road and Dan pushed you out of the way from a speeding car. He hit his head..." Phil said as tears rolled down his cheeks. I hugged him tightly. "The doctor said you fainted and that we can leave as soon as you wake up," He said. He didn't sound as if he was crying but you could see the tears rolling down his face. This was all my fault.

After being discharged from Hospital, we caught a taxi home. Leaving Dan behind in the hospital made me feel even more guilty. I didn't want to see him. It would only make me more upset. Especially if he is in a coma. Phil turned and looked at me. He saw I was crying and gently squeezed my hand to show that he was there for me. By the time we got home, it was almost eleven. We must have been at the hospital for ages.
"Ok Phil, thank you for being there for me," I said as we got to our doors.
"If you need anything, you have a key right?" He said looking down at me. He was taller than me because I was quite short.
"Right," I said and I turned around to unlock my door.
'Bye," he said and unlocked his own door and went inside. I walked into my apartment and stripped out of my clothes. I slung on an old shirt and fabric shorts then laid on my bed then I slowly drifted off to sleep...

Hey! You've made it to part eleven! Congrats! Most people don't make it this far. I mean they've usually moved onto other books by now... I'm not implying that they died...
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)