Chapter 7

"The best thing to hold onto in life is each other."

--Audrey Hepburn

Janine's POV

That man! How dare him!! He really didn't understand my current predicament. Well, I guess I'll be on my own now. I don't have any friends to help me but I have an older brother to help! Yes! That must be it! I called him while waiting for the bus.

"Hello? Big brother? It's me, Janine"

"I know. I have your name here in my contacts."

I just ignored him and continued.

"Big brother, can you help me?"

"Why? What happened? Help you with what?"

"Looking for a boy?"

"Are you out of your mind? Why would you-"

"Hear me big brother." And I filled him in. When I was done talking, the bus is already here. I climed while the phone's still on my ear.

"Sorry sis. Can't help you. All of my friends are taken"

"Don't they have another brother or something?"

"I'll see what I can do" and he hang up. I hope I can find a man before the time's up. I paid for my fare and left when I reached my destination. I went inside the Lava Café-this is where I'm currently working.

"Good morning Morett!" I cheerfully greeted the cashier with a smile.

"Hey early today huh? By the way, Mrs. Jason wants you in her office ASAP!"

"Okay. Thanks I'll be there" I didn't bother to change since it's still 1:37. I went directly to Mrs. Jason's office.

"Good morning Mrs. Jason" I said when I closed the door

"Sit down Janine" she motioned for the chair and I sat on it.

"Janine, I don't need you in my café anymore. I've found another barrista to replace your not very good coffee. I'm sorry but I need to inform you right away. I hope you understand. Now, excuse me, I still have to check on my cafe." Then she stood up and exited. What did she say? Wait, I'll sink everything in first. My brain's wifi is very slow. I'm fired? So, I don't have any job to sustain my basic needs? What to do? Oh no! After what seemed like years, I lifelessly went out of the cafe. I didn't hear anything nor I didn't smell or see neither. It seems like I was stabbed in the heart a million times. I didn't notice that I ran into a guy.

"Sorry" I said lifelessly and I didn't look at the person in the eye. All I can think is my precious job.

"Ginger? Thank God, I found you! "

"Yeah sure" I replied not knowing who I was talking to.

"Ginger? Baby girl? Earth to Janine!" and the person snapped his or her fingers. I just looked at him and walked away.

"Hey, cheer up gorgeous"

"What do you want? Did you know you're messing with the wrong person!" and this time I looked at the person in the eyes. Chocolate eyes. I know them.

"Adam" I growled

"Yes. It's me."

"Leave me alone" I shouted

"Look, I came up with an idea"

"Hell, I care" I roared

"Oh come on, Ginger!"