Chapter 10: The Best Present

Izz, where are you? I just called at your dorm but you aren't there. Sophia has gone mad because she can't get hold of Gerard. She thinks you two are up to something. Text me back! - Hol

Waking up to this text message made me strangely happy. I was happy knowing that I was getting under Sophia's skin. I was happy knowing that she was bothered about Gerard and I was extremely happy that she was jealous. At the same time, I didn't want to stir up drama so I text her back informing her that I had gone to Maine for Christmas by myself to explore. I felt bad lying to my best friend but it was better than Sophia threatening to kill me. 

"Ready to go?"

I looked up to see Gerard stood in the doorway smiling at me. He was wearing a black coat with his usual black skinny jeans and a red scarf wrapped around his neck which may have been the cutest thing I had seen in years. 

We were going to a mall to buy presents for Gerard's family. He was going to advise me on a present to buy each member of his family to thank them for having me at Christmas. The mall was coated with Christmas lights and decorations that made me feel festive but slightly homesick. Whilst we were there I found little presents for his family and we stopped at lunch for a coffee.

"You have to go around on your own now," Gerard said.

"Why?" I asked.

"I need to get your present."

"G you don't have to get me a present," I laughed.

"Of course I do! You've been my friend for like four months, you're spending Christmas with me, you talked me out of my weird obsession with Sophia- I owe you a present at least!"

"Uh...okay," I replied. I finished my coffee and wandered around aimlessly staring through the windows of stores. I found myself fantasizing about Gerard. After we watched the film last night his hand left mine and we hadn't discussed it since. I had no idea whether or not he liked me. He would do things like take my hand and invite me to his home, but then he would talk to me like a friend and nothing more.

"You ready to head home?"

I turned around and he was stood there, smiling at me. I scanned him for shopping bags that would indicate what present he'd bought me, but I didn't see anything.

"Don't worry, Christmas is 2 days away," he smiled. "You'll get your gift soon enough."

****

I woke up on Christmas morning to Gerard jumping on the end of my bed. His excited face was enough to get anyone out of bed. I put on my oversized Underoath hoodie and followed him downstairs where his mother had made pancakes for breakfast. I thanked her continously over breakfast until it was time to open our presents. His mother and father had bought me some perfume and Mikey had bought me a number of CDs from my favourite artists. I watched happily as they continued to exchange gifts, but I had noticed that Gerard hadn't given me a present. I know presents aren't important but I was slightly disappointed...I was hoping to use the gift he bought me to analyse whether or not he was into me.

After they had finished exchanging presents I headed upstairs to get changed before dinner. 

"Hey, you forgot something."

Gerard shot me a cheeky smile as he walked into my room and shut the door behind him. He sat down on my bed and passed me a tiny gift-wrapped box.

"G, you didn't have to," I blushed.

"Just open it Izzy."

He handed me the box and I slowly began to open it. I was so nervous. I removed the gift wrap and was faced with a plain black box. I opened the box to see a brand new iPod nano.

"Oh my god Gerard," I said. "These things are so expensive!"

"Shut up," he grinned. "Check out what's on it!"

I flicked through the iPod to see that he had filled it with all of my favourite artists and songs. 

"You need to put Mikey's CDs on yourself," he said. "But I thought you needed one because you said yours had broken and you were dying without it."

"Oh my, this is PERFECT!" I shouted, throwing myself at him and wrapping my arms around his neck, embracing him in a tight hug. "I feel like my present for you is crap now."

"Show me it!" he said, as excited as a small child would be at Christmas. I reached under the sofa bed and pulled out my present for Gerard. He unwrapped it and stared at the gift for what seemed like hours. I had made him a comic- a handmade story entitled 'The Boy in My Class- Gerard Way'.

"Oh. My. God," he gasped.

"It's about a boy called Gerard," I grinned. "He attends History class at NYU and gains the superpower of complete History knowledge, which he uses to solve old historical mysteries. But he thinks it's too geeky in the end so he becomes a musician instead."

"This is the best gift I have ever received," he said. "Honestly Izzy, you are the best."

I smiled like a lunatic as he practically jumped on me to give me a hug. He jumped so hard that I fell backwards, which resulted in him being on top of me on the bed. I looked directly into his eyes for merely a second before he closed his eyes and kissed me passionately. I kissed him back, wrapping my arms around his neck and pulling him closer. His tongue entered my mouth and we began a much deeper and exciting kiss, and I could feel that he had become erect. 

"Gerard!"

The sound of Mikey calling Gerard stunned us both and we broke apart abruptly. He held my comic over his lap to hide his erection and I quickly patted down my messy hair. 

"Dinner is ready soon," Mikey said through my closed door. "You need to come and help mom."

Disappointed, I accepted the fact that nothing more was going to happen. Gerard turned to face me before he left the room.

"This is not over," he said with a cheeky smile and a wink, before walking out of the room.