Chapter 27: So Long and Goodnight

Gerard's P.O.V

Life was amazing. My Chemical Romance were about to become something huge. We had been touring non-stop since recording our first album and had built up a good fanbase. We were halfway through recording our second album, which had a whole different vibe than the first one, but I had a feeling that it was going to be even bigger than the first. We had signed with Reprise Records and had a new manager called Brian, who was awesome. Not only that, but I had a fiancé. The girl who I had fallen in love with was my fiancé, and life doesn't get much sweeter than that.

Since signing with Reprise, we'd gotten a proper tour bus. It had bunks. We weren't sleeping on the floor of an old van anymore- we had our own pillows! We were still poor and hardly ever washed our clothes, but we were getting there. Although Izzy had lost the baby, we were getting through it just fine. I felt kind of invincible right now.

"Gerard!"

I looked up from the sketchbook I was drawing in to see Izzy walk over to me. She was wearing her usual outfit of jeans, converse and a band t-shirt. Today she was sporting Placebo. Her hair was long and now a white-blonde shade, and her make-up consisted of a thick black line of eyeliner along each eyelid and some red lipstick.

"How the hell did I pull a girl like you?" I smiled.

"Aww!" she grinned, sitting next to me and putting her arm around my neck. She kissed me softly on the cheek. "What made you say that?"

"Just looked at you," I replied with complete honesty. "You're so perfect."

"Oh shut up you're making me blush," she smiled, as her cheeks turned a shade of pink. "What are you drawing?"

"Just a comic," I said, feeling embarrassed about how much of a loser I must sound. "Drawing a superhero."

"If My Chemical Romance ever ends, you should definitely go into comics," she smiled. "You've got a lot of talent."

"Thank you," I smiled, pulling her close and kissing her. "But I think My Chem has quite a bit of life left in it for now!"

***

Isabel's P.O.V

"Hey!"

I grinned like a lunatic as I entered Starbucks and saw Holly and Annie sat at a table waiting for me, a latte sat ready for me on the table.

"Izzy!" Holly beamed, getting out of her chair and hugging me tightly. "I've missed you! You haven't been in touch!"

"I'm sorry girls," I said, sitting down and taking a sip of my latte. "I have news."

"Oh...my...God," Holly said, grabbing my left hand. "Is this an engagement ring?!"

"Yeah," I smirked. "I'm engaged to Gerard."

"Oh you're so lucky," Annie pouted. "Frank is such a weird guy. I don't think he would ever pop the question to me."

"How is he weird?" Holly asked.

"He's just always moody," she sulked. "He doesn't act romantic with me very much. and he's always staring at Gerard. I think he fancies him."

"Oh shut up," I laughed. "Don't tell me that your boyfriend fancies my fiancé! You'll make me paranoid."

"Have you seen those two on stage?" Annie continued "They're all over each other."

"How are you doing after the whole baby thing?" Holly asked me.

"I'm okay," I nodded. "It was kind of surreal and it feels like it never actually happened. The weird thing is- although I was so afraid of having a baby and not being able to cope, I was really heartbroken when I found out I wasn't having one. I kind of got excited about it, you know?"