Chapter Twenty Six

--------------------------------------

Dedication: ChasingSomeone for the awesome cover!

Recap:

I decided, I'm not going to tell Carter I'm leaving. I'm going to write him a detailed letter, pouring out my heart to him. I will slide it under his door and then be gone. I will do the same for Aiden. The letter's, are going to be entirely different. I don't really know where to start with either of them.

"That's a good idea," Anna said, bringing me back to reality. "I think a letter is definitely the way to go. That way you won't get dragged into any, like, passionate kisses or, like, hot break up sex..."

I rolled my eyes. "I'm done with that."

"Sure you are."

"Seriously." I said firmly, shutting my laptop lid. "I'm so done with both of them. I don't want that negativity controlling my life anymore."

"That's the smartest thing I've ever heard you say."

I smiled up at her.

I'm finally ready to move on with my life.

-------------------------

I could not begin to express the relief I felt when I heard that final tick on the clock, indicating the three painful hours I just endured, was over. I was free. All I wanted to do was leap from the table, kick it over and spit on the hand written essay that will barely pass. I hadn't studied, so sitting here for three hours and knowing I was going to fail, made me feel worthless and pathetic. But thankfully, my exams were over and I was officially finished high.

Thank goodness.

I cannot wait to step outside this school and never return. It will be one of the best days of my life. The sooner I leave this hell hole, this sooner I can leave the horrible, toxic drama that has plagued my life for so long.

Aka, leave Carter and Aiden. 

After having to wait, what I feel to be quite an unnecessary amount of time, we were relieved from the gym. The sunshine, although the air was cool, hit my face and I inhaled a lungful of the fresh air. My neck was stiff, my back rigid and my hands had cramped within the first ten minutes. My legs felt wobbly from sitting uncomfortably for three hours straight.

"How'd you go?" Anna asked, her flaming red hair vivid in the afternoon sun.

I responded with a deadpan stare. 

"That good?" she laughed, slipping her bag over her shoulder, glancing down at her watch. "Why don't we go for a drink?"

"It's like, two o'clock," I cocked an eyebrow. 

"So? We just finished high school, Lace. Let's go celebrate!"

She had a point. I shrugged, a small smile making its way onto my face. "Why not?"

"Yay!" She squealed, clapping her hands together. "How about we swing around to yours and we can walk down town from there?"

"Sure," I said with a nod, falling in step beside her as we made our way out of the school. I had to come back to officially sign out of my classes, but other than that, I was definitely finished with this place. "You don't need clothes from your house? Would look weird walking around with alcohol in our school clothes."