Bucky's Back

"Hey, Steve..." Tony started, answering his phone for the first time in 18 hours. Steve had called 24 times. Peter had called twice. Sam called once, to tell him that the group was crashing at Rhodey's.

"Tony, where the FUCK are you? And Bruce, and Bucky, where the hell have you been?! You can't just-"

"Yes, I know love, shhhhh- I know I should answer my phone, we had that discussion. Me and Bruce and Bucky are at Reed's-"

"I called him twice. I figured you were there."

"Smart guy."

"What are you doing at Reed's?"

"So... Okay, don't get mad?"

"What did you do?"

"We gave Bucky his trigger words so now he's real Bucky again?"

"You- What?!"

"Don't get mad! He asked me and we're friends and it's shitty that you and Nat and Fury even tried to put it off this long and he's fine mostly-"

"What do you mean, mostly?!"

"I mean he's all fine physically- Yeah, no, good point, Bruce- He's fine all physically except he's a little bruised on the chest and head because we kiiiiinda had to shock him a liiiiittle with the car battery defibrillator-"

"YOU WHAT?!"

"Listen, babe, he's fine-"

"YOU ASSHOLE! AND YOU WEREN'T EVEN GONNA ASK ME?!"

"Uh, since when are you Bucky's mom? Do you own him? We don't have to ask you anything. He's a grown man. And may I remind you, you knew that he killed my fucking parents and you waited to tell me and you never even told him, so."

"I cannot deal with you right now."

"Oh, so we're dealing with me again? Tony Stark the burden is back? I thought we were being nice."

"YOU STEALING BUCKY AND SHOCKING HIM IS NOT BEING NICE-"

"HE DESERVES TO BE A PERSON, STEVE!" Tony shouted. Steve was knocked into silence. Natasha took the phone from his hands after he stood there without saying anything for a few seconds.

"Hey, Tone," she said, walking away from Steve and back into the living room. "What's wrong now?"

"We gave Bucky his memories and Steve is mad. Because apparently he owns Bucky."

"Ahhh."

"Wait, what are you doing with Steve? I thought everyone was at Rhodey's while you were doing the Loki shit."

"Well, everyone is at Rhodey's. Except me and Steve and Loki. Whom I have awakened. And we're having a nice chat-"

"SHE WAS BEING VERY, VERY RUDE, IT WAS NOT A NICE CHAT," Loki called in the background.

"Shut it, Friggason, or I'm tying you up again."

"Careful, he's into that," Tony warned. "So you stole my tower to harass a God. Awesome. Please tell me you didn't break anything."

"Not anything important."

"Mhm. Faaaantastic. What did you do?"

"Weeeeeeell..."

Cut to 18 hours ago, when Natasha sent her last text to Tony and woke up Loki in Bruce's lab. The God shot upright and then immediately groaned and leaned back down on the table.

"This is getting ridiculous," he moaned, clutching his chest.

"Sorry, real power," Natasha smiled, sitting on the counter across from him. "It's gonna hurt for a couple more minutes."