Chapter 20

The next morning, I awoke due to the bright sunlight streaming in and thanks to my eternal clock. I sighed, yawning, and went to sit up but was pulled back down and closer to a hard body.

I slightly panicked until I saw that it was just Adam laying beside. I relaxed slightly and went to move again, trying to not to wake him up but he pulled me closer again. I sighed in frustration, especially when he threw a leg over my body, trapping me in.

"No," he mumbled, "you can't leave." He snuggled closer and buried his head in my neck.

"But I need to get up," I complained, squirming in his grasp.

"And why is that?" he asked, kissing my neck softly.

I couldn't think of a good enough answer because I really had nothing else to do and shivered at his kisses. I still squirmed though. In result, I was tucked underneath him a bit more and he mumbled, "go to sleep Mia."

I sighed but complied and was soon back asleep.

---

I woke up a couple hours later but this time with the bed empty and a delicious smell wafting into the room. I ran a hand through my hair and stumbled out of bed with a yawn. Not really bothering with how I looked like, I dragged my feet out of the room and to the kitchen where the smell was coming from.

I saw my mom and Adam both cooking and laughing over something, (I didn't really care right then) and my dad sitting at the table reading the newspaper like he did every morning and mostly whenever he had free time.

All eyes turned to me when I stepped into the room. They all watched me as I took a seat and Adam broke out into a grin saying, "good morning sleepy head. Me an your mom are making breakfast. Would you like something to eat?"

For some reason I was still feeling tired, but I nodded and leaned by head against my elbow and yawned again before deciding to change my position and leaned my head on my forearm on the table.

"Looks like someone's really beat today," I heard my father say. "Did you sleep alright honey?"

I nodded my head in reply and answered, "yes dad, I just think I overslept. I'm not use to getting so much sleep, much less so much at one time."

Dad nodded like t was a reasonable answer, "makes sense. But you know after breakfast what needs to hurry and get done around here, so hurry up. There's a lot to do."

I knew how much my dad had to do, his hands were tied with everything else that he had to do today. He had to attend to the cows, the crops, and hay today so it won't be as much to do later on in the future. Whereas I had to take care of the horses, (which will take a while) and the chickens which is pretty easy. Whenever Tanner comes back today, he'll do the rest of the animals we have.

"Right dad, I'll get right on that." I sighed, thinking of how much work this is going to be but I wouldn't want any other life. It was a great one to live, one of the best lives you could wish for even when at times it could be really hard you just want to quit.

My thoughts were interrupted by a plate being sat down in front of me. I glanced up to see Adam smirking and said, "don't you worry. I'll help you for a while so you can get done faster. I also have a change in plans for our date, I hope you don't mind, but it will still be a surprise. One I'm sure you'll love." A mischievous smile slid across his face and I could only wonder what he had up his sleeve.

---

The day went by quickly,  and thanks to the help of Adam, she didn't have as much work to do. But soon it was time for him to leave. Before he did, he said, "make sure to cover yourself, and dress warm. I'll be back in about" He kissed softly before disappearing with his horse back to his house somewhere beyond the hill.

I sighed, what could it be? What could is possibly be that Adam would be so positively sure that I would love? But I did as he said and dressed as I should.

Tanner had already arrived home and was doing his chores assigned to him. I walked out of the house, forty five minutes later, dressed in my jeans, boots, and jacket. Adam said to be covered so that's what I did. I sat on a rocking chair on the porch, anxiously waiting for him to arrive, when Tanner came up and teased like the annoying little brother he was, "Oo... waiting on your date huh? Hope he won't be such a big disappointment or show up late. That would be terrible wouldn't it? Oh wait, what if he never showed huh? Now that would be great!"

I rolled my eyes and told him, "go away. You are of no help. Just go do you chores and scoop out the pig pen because I know you love to do that. Or you can go clean the chicken shed too. That would be just swell, right? Now hurry on and don't bother me."

Tanner scowled and slid off the porch and shot a glare back at me, "this isn't over." He then stomped off and I relaxed once again in the chair and rocked back and forth. I closed my eyes for only a moment and it was then I was drenched with a spray of water.

My eyes shot open and I spotted my little brother, holding a hose in his hand with a satisfied smirk on his face.

"TANNER!"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ta da! What do you think of this? It took me forever to come up with it, I know it may not be the best, but the ending I thought was great. Hope you all like it and I hope I can update soon again.

Comment

Vote

Share