Chapter 45

After realizing they really were claws and Adam confirmed it, my suspicions of earlier were correct. We both now had something else to add to the list of what Liam might be.

It's been a few days since this happened. Right now, Liam was sleeping in his own bed we got him a few days ago. It was against the wall in our room since we didn't have another place to put it unless it went in the play room.

I was searching through an old one, one of many Adam brought me to research. He was looking through a book too sitting next to me. We thought maybe these books would help us find something about Liam but so far nothing. This really was a dead end, how are we ever going to find anything?

I ran my hands through my hair in frustration. Reading through every single creature to possibly find something that matches was hard. We thought we found something a few times but then something wouldn't add up correctly and be wrong. Adam had a better idea of what he might be but he grew up in the supernatural world unlike me. I barely knew anything when it came to this stuff.

"Hey, Mia," I heard Adam say. I glanced at him and saw concern on his face. "What?"

"You should take a break. You've been at this for a long time. We will find answers but not if you're like this. Go talk to Liam how about? He's waking up."

I sighed and agreed, "okay. You're right. I'll go check on him."

When I walked in, I found him sitting up in bed and staring outside. I decided to ask, "hey, Liam?"

He turned his head toward me. "Yeah?"

"Would you like to go visit Storm today?" We've done a few times already and I knew he liked doing it.

His face instantly brightened and he jumped up. "Yes! Let's go visit Storm!"

I smiled and walked with out of the house. It was a nice day today a perfect day to do this. And I was also wondering if I could get some answers about Liam and his parents.

Liam had slowed down over the pass few days after realizing I couldn't keep up which I thought was sweet. That did not mean he didn't have fast moments. He still raced off and climbed trees but it wasn't as dangerous after begging him not to go so high and jump from tree to tree. I still couldn't quite believe this kid could do this, it was surreal.

We made it to the stables a few minutes later and Liam raced toward Storm. I laughed lightly. Liam had taken quite a liking to Storm which I was happy about.

I went to Storm much slower than Liam did and petted his neck. "Hey boy, how you doin'?"

In response, he stepped closer and put his muzzle in my hair. I laughed and leaned away. "Okay, okay." I glanced down at Liam who couldn't quite reach. "Come on Liam. I'll help you."

I picked him up so he could reach Storm. His face brightened again when he could touch the horse. He reached out and petted his snout. "Good Storm," he giggled.

"Want to take him out?" I asked him.

He grinned and yelled, "yeah!" He scrambled down I laughed softly at his eagerness. I grabbed Storms tack and put everything on him before leaving with Liam to the paddock.

I led Storm inside and made him stand still so Liam could climb up. "There you go."

Liam cheered and climbed up the steps in front of him. He insisted doing it himself and he knew he wasn't allowed to jump up on Storm like he did with trees. It would scare Storm and people may start asking questions, ones we don't know the answers to and could not answer.

Once he was on Storm, I moved the steps away and slowly led them around a few times before letting Liam take control. "Go easy, don't go to fast."

"I got it," he reassured me as started trotting on his own. I watched with a smile, he really was getting the hang of it fast. He was also happy, which made me happy.