Chapter 24 (Adam's P.O.V.)

Adam's P.O.V.

It was really hard for me to stay away from Mia. It was almost killing both me and my wolf. I knew my magic wouldn't last but it was good for her to know the truth about what happened, even if it wasn't the full truth about me. I was at least hoping though that since she had the good part of me, when she found out about the bad, the good would outweigh it and it did, just barely. I could see the way she had been thinking about rejecting me and I knew if she did, I would not allow her to and probably would have done what I did before. I just couldn't live without her in my life. I needed her, for more reasons than she knew.

My magic was rare, so rare my enemies were after me and would do anything to get to me. I could not let Mia know yet that I'm not fully werewolf which is why it's so rare and why they want me. She was safer away from me and at her own house than she was here anywhere near or on my land.

But my magic also comes with consequences, one which would be I could not live without my mate or else I would go ballistic and ruthless. I haven't done that yet since she's been away thinking because I knew it was for the best, and it didn't start happening until I found her.

It was the fact that she hated me in the first place made my wolf act the way he was toward her, possessive and not willing to let her go. I didn't want to let her go either but I knew it was for the best and I finally convinced him to let her go and have a due over. Ever since then, he has been happy, until now because he realized what he had done.

I was now sitting at my desk and leaning back in my spinning chair, tired of doing paperwork and happy to have it all done. I just needed Mia there to help me feel better now. I rubbed my fingers on my forehead and closed my eyes just as I heard a commotion outside.

My eyes snapped open as I heard a familiar horse. Could it be Mia coming to visit me? Grinning, I hurried out of the pack house but stopped short at the door when all I noticed was Storm and not Mia. Where was she? Did something happen?

"Alpha, we have a situation," my beta said next to me and my eyes snapped toward him with a glare. Mia not being on the horse was starting to make my wolf come out.

"Yes, and?" I growled.

"It seems your mate has lost her horse. We're sending search parties to go look for her right now and they haven't found any sign of her yet."

I growled again. Just the thought of Mia lost or hurt, or even worse, in the hands of my enemy made both me and my wolf shake with rage and we shifted uncontrollably. Without another word, we sprinted off into the forest toward the path we knew Mia would take to get here.

It wasn't long before I found where she had been. My senses were better than most wolves but they were also better because of the worry of my mate. I thought what I smelt was a mistake, but I clearly wasn't. It was my enemy.

I growled lowly at this, they had her! And I had no idea where to look for her! I haven't found the heart of their clan yet to strike them down so they would stop bothering us.

I howled and instantly, wolves from my pack started showing up but it was my beta I waited for. He was at my side not long after my howl and he asked, "what is it?" He then sniffed the surrounding area and his eyes widened, "vampire."

I growled in agreement, "yes, they have her. Go call my mother, I believe I'm going to need her and her covens help with this. It will be easier to find her then." It would take much less time, and time was valuable. I couldn't let her be in their hands for very long, especially Dominic's. Who knew what he might do to her? Especially when they found out she was mine?

He nodded instantly and started running back toward the pack house to alert my mother of the situation. I'm coming for you Mia. Don't you worry. I'll have you back in my arms soon.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tada! Next chapter! What do you think of it? How long will it take for Mia to get back to Adam? And what will happen in that span of time also?

Comment

Vote

Share