Chapter Four

He opened the door to his Escalade and placed you down gently in the front seat.

He was regretting not being there for you and not being there to stop them from hurting you.

He kissed your forehead again before closing the door.

Out of the windshield you saw him walk around the front of the car and climb into the driver's seat.

He started the Escalade up and began driving, he didn't even sign you guys out.

For ten minutes you drove in silence and then, Blake broke the silence by saying,"I'm sorry."

"Sorry for what?" You questioned, a confused look on your face.

"I'm sorry for not being there to stop them," he whispered a small tear sliding his cheek. He blamed himself for everything that ever happened to you.

"Blake it's not your fault," you mumbled, reaching over and taking his hand in yours.

His hand squeezed yours tightly. "Please don't ever leave me."

"I won't," you said softly.

You turned in your seat so, you were facing him and you saw your favorite pair of blue eyes staring at you.

Quickly, he looked back at the road and let out a small chuckle.

About thirty minutes later you rolled into a large black top parking lot and Blake whipped into an empty space.

He came around to your side of the car and opened the door. Like before, he picked you up and carried you bridal style towards the white building that read Westlake Hospital.

You wrapped your arms around his neck and buried your head into his shoulder. You had always hated hospitals ever since the day you were born.

Your mother always told you that you came into the world screaming in a hospital and to this very day you still scream in hospitals.

A tear slipped out of your eyes and was soaked up by Blake's shirt.

"Shh, please don't cry," Blake whispered in your ear.

You couldn't hold in the tears any longer and slowly started to sob.

He carried you through those hospital doors and were quickly placed in a room.

They began to examine all of the cuts, bruises and broken bones you had.

Blake stayed by your side and held your hand the entire time.

He would wipe away your tears and occasionally whisper sweet things in your ear just to keep you calm. So, far it was working on you.

A nurse felt gently around your ribs causing you to wince with pain.

"We will have to do X-rays on her," the nurse stated looking at Blake. You could see the pity in her dark brown eyes.

You hated pity.

"Everything will be okay," Blake whispered rubbing circles with his thumb against the back of your hand.

You nodded your head and...

COPYRIGHT MAKAELA R. NEW 2013 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED ©