Chapter Nine

It had been two days since you had given the note to Blake.

Two days was enough time for him to read the note and comprehend what it means right? Were you to forward? Should you call him? These were all questions you had no answer for.

After thinking about Blake's question you had your answer. You were in love with Blake.

The only problem with you loving Blake is, how would you tell him? There were so many ways and so many different options you could choose from.

You could go for the 'Hey, I love you,' or the 'Blake, I can't get you out of my mind. I'm in love with you.'

You could remember the way Blake looked at you two days earlier.

The sadness laced his blue eyes and it made you feel guilty. Your heart yearned for you to reach out and hug Blake tightly.

You ddn't want a bad relationship.

The reason that most relationships don't work is because, people fall in love rather than being in love and you know what they say about things that fall? They break but, sometimes hearts aren't just broken, sometimes they leave a deep slash in a person's mind or trust.

You didn't fall in love with Blake, you were in love with Blake.

Blake was all you could think about. He was the only thing that brought you comfort during the rough nights when people cried,  and children screamed.

You needed to call Blake. He needed to know now that you loved him.

There was a black button built into the wall so, if you needed anything you pressed it and asked for it.

Your slender finger pressed the black button and a voice rang out, "Hello, what do you need today?"

"I need to make a phone call to a," you paused, "friend."

"A nurse will be up to help you down to the lobby," the woman said.

Five minutes later the nurse who lied to you days before was in your room. Now, that you looked at her she looked familiar.

Betty Sue, her name tag read. Betty Sue was a lady your dad had an affair with four years ago. She used to beat you everyday before your dad got home for work.

Your mom was in France. She never found out about the affair, dad paid Betty to keep her mouth shut.

Now, here she was helping you down the steps.

"I remember you," she hissed.

A chill ran down your spine. Her voice always made you feel terrified.

"Yeah, you're the lady who fucked with my dad and a week later he kicked you to the curb," you growled back.

You felt a shove and...

COPYRIGHT MAKAELA R. NEW 2013 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED ©