Chapter Six

Your eyes wandered all around the hospital room waiting patiently for Blake to come back.

You were a little mad at Blake but, you were also happy that he was standing up for you.

It had been at least an hour since Blake left you in the hospital room all alone and staring at the blank white walls was starting to annoy you.

You weren't the patient type but, you weren't overly impatient either. You were in the middle of the two, patiently impatient.

Where the hell could Blake be?

You heaved a sigh as you slung your legs over the side of the gently used hospital bed.

Pushing your self off the bed, your feet hit the ground and you winced in pain at the small force.

Your ribs were killing you.

You moved as if you were ninety years old and had a hunch back.

Your left arm was gently wrapped around your ribs and you walked bent over out of the room.

You followed the signs plastered on the hospital walls towards the lobby.

Every step you took, you would making a groaning sound that wasn't too attractive.

Other patients looked at you funny but, you didn't care.

You made the last turn and were  in the lobby. All you had to do was get to the hospital doors.

The clear glass doors allowed you to see that it was clearly raining outside.

A clock on the wall showed that it was only one thirty five PM.

You looked at the place where you faintly remember Blake parking his Escalade but, it was gone.

He left you. He told you not to leave him but, he left you all alone in this big scary hospital.

You didn't know what to do. Your heart began to beat faster, tears filled your eyes and you got a lump in your throat.

He really left you.

The clear hospital doors slid open as an elderly couple walked up to them.

There it was, there was your chance to run for your life but, the only thing that was stopping you was the pain in your ribs.

There was a possibiltity the pain would subside once you started running and the adrenaline was coarsing through your veins but, you didn't want to take a chance, and possibly risk your own life.

A sighed escaped from between your pink lips and you turned around.

"Excuse me miss shouldn't you be in your room?" A kind nurse asked as she was passing you.

You lied straight through your teeth, "I needed to use the restroom but, got lost."

"It's down the hall and to the right."

You nodded a small smile on your face. You headed in the direction she told you.

You quickly found the bathroom and closed the door, locking it behind you.

There was a medical kit hanging on the wall and you opened it up.

You found the things you were looking for; a pair of scissors, gauze and neosporin.

You grabbed all three items and made your way over to the sinks loacted on the back wall.

You placed the stuff down and rolled up the sleeves on your sweatershirt.

Yuo opened the scissors so, you were holding in the middle.

You held up your right wrist and slowly pushed down, making inscisons in your skin.

Deep red blood rolled down your wrist. and hand then, dripped slowly off your finger tips into the sink.

A soft smile came to your face as your released all the pain everyone had brought to you that day, on your body.

After many cuts you cleaned the cuts with mildly warm water, patted them dry with paper towels, rubbed a bit of neosporin on them and wrapped them up with gauze.

You cleaned up the mess you made in the sink and returned all the items back to the medical kit.

You unlocked the door and left the bathroom unseen by anyone else.

A cold breeze was felt against your arm and you realized your sleeve was still up.

You quickly yanked it down hoping no one saw what you had just done to yourself in the bathroom.

You walked out into the lobby and saw the clear hospital doors open.

As soon as the person stepped in you knew who they were.

A feeling of panic rose inside your body.

COPYRIGHT MAKAELA R. NEW 2013 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED ©