Part 2

"Come on Harriet! Get that slinky little black number on and get your butt over here." Clive hung up the phone to a groaning Harriet.

It was a Friday night and she, after an extremely long week, wanted nothing more to binge watch an entire season of Once Upon a Time in her pyjamas. Instead, Clive had insisted and paid for tickets to see some comedian live and then, as if that wasn't bad enough, attend the after party. Harriet had reminded him that he was in no need for a wing woman and could do quite well by himself but he wasn't having any of it.

What does one wear to see a comedian? She contemplated on the red skater dress before she settled on the black lace dress that Clive had suggested. That man had far too much knowledge of her wardrobe, probably because most of her clothes had been purchased with his say so.

Teamed with her leather jacket and high heeled boots she strutted her way out to the awaiting taxi that Clive had sent a few moments ago. Little did she realise that Clive would be sitting in the car waiting for her.

He nearly threw a party when she finally opened the door.

"Let's go!" He urged the driver who pulled away with a bit too much oomph and continued at speed as they hastily approached the theatre.

Clive lead Harriet around the back and into the VIP entrance of the venue.

"How do you always manage to get VIP?" Harriet laughed as he pulled her into the hall and towards the bar.

"It's because I'm such a marvellous PR. The company I work for thinks that if I get invited to these things I'll double the revenue by finding some poor actor or musician to support."

He handed her a vodka soda which she gladly sipped from the tiny straw.

"So can you see any potential victims?" Harriet asked as Clive glanced around the room.

"Not particularly, although," he paused as his smile broadened as he waved, "your lover boy is here."
Harriet nearly spat out her drink as she spotted Vince across the room, waving back at Clive.

"I don't think I can face that man again."

Clive laughed.

"I thought you were past all that? After all, you did get him in the sack." He nudged her, getting her to look back at Vince who was now, to Harriet's horror, heading towards them.

"Clive!" Vince embraced the man in a bear hug, "how are you? I haven't seen you since the party."

"Oh you know, work work work."
Harriet cupped her face in her free hand as Clive began singing Rihanna.
Vince laughed.
"We have to do it again sometime, it was a good night."
Harriet sipped her drink, quietly watching the exchange before both eyes fell on her.
"What?" She asked, wide eyed.
"Vince asked you how you were." Clive rolled his eyes, "don't mind Harriet, she's often away with the fairies."
Vince laughed, "as long as she doesn't bite my head off this time I don't mind where she is."
Harriet finished her drink and slammed it on the bar.
"I'll bite your head off if you want." She jokingly raised her voice.
"Calm your tits Harry. The show is about to start and I really need to piss before we go in. Wait here." Then Clive was away and Harriet was alone with Vince.