Part 6

Harriet had a quick look at herself in the compact mirror she kept in her purse before she fluffed up her hair and topped up her lip balm. She couldn't believe what she was about to do, have sex with Vince in her office. How devilish, she thought.

Her stomach was filled with butterflies, the thought that, at any moment, Vince was going to walk through that door. A terrible thought ran through her mind as she contemplated how awful today had the potential of being. What if after all his womanising he had zero experience on how to get her off, that, she thought, could make her feel even worse about herself.

The door was open as Vince appeared in the frame, knocking on the wood and attracting Harriet's attention from the laptop on her desk.

"Can I come in?" He asked, smiling.

Harriet nodded, stood and walked over to the door, closing it as Vince moved out of the way. He was close enough to touch and Harriet avoided Vince's eye contact as she spoke.

"Oh dear lord I feel like I've hired some prostitute." She burst out laughing.

"Hey!" He chuckled, "I am capable of hearing you know."

Still laughing to combat the butterflies Harriet walked back over to her desk and leant on it to observe Vince.

"Do you think this is a good idea?" Vince asked, folding his arms and leaning against the door, effectively putting a few metres between them.

Harriet let out a noise that sounded like a laugh but neither one of them could be sure. She stood up straighter, mimicking Vince by folding her arms and contemplated the situation. She could still say no. She could still tell Vince that she had changed her mind. Seeing him there, looking like he belonged on the cover of the Rolling Stones magazine, she couldn't help herself.

"Fuck good ideas." She closed the gap with two strides and pushed him against the door, pressing her lips against his.

Vince quickly took charge of the situation, pushing her backwards until her backside struck the desk, knocking the pen holder over, scattering pens here there and everywhere. Harriet pushed the laptop and notebook to one side as she continued to kiss his rough lips. His chin was thick with stubble and scratched her cheeks and her neck as he trailed down her throat, kissing and sucking at the skin while his hands roamed Harriet's body; her back, her sides and her breasts.

Harriet took pride in messing up Vince's perfect hair as she ran her fingers through it, feeling elated as his fingers ran down her spine, finding her bra strap and undoing the clasp with ease.

His hands slid under the back of her shirt as he felt the soft of her back. His lips were back on hers as she felt for his belt buckle, her one track mind not paying attention to the noise they were making.

As things became more heated Harriet's back arched at the same time there was a knock at the door, the noise startling both Vince and Harriet, causing them to fall together onto the desk, roll over the desk and land in a hot mess out of sight from whoever had dared to enter the room.

"Harriet?" She heard her colleague say from the door as she desperately straightened her shirt.

Peeking above the desk, at this time Harriet's colleague could only see her eyes and the top of her head, she looked at her wide eyed in shock before composing herself and straightening up.

Vince, staying hidden behind the desk, contained his laughter as he ran a finger along the inside of her leg.

"Can I help you?" Harriet asked, a worried tone to her voice.

Her colleague, stuck to the spot like a deer caught in headlights, looked on with concern in her questioning eyes.

"Are you ok? There sounded like there was a commotion going on in here."