Part 12

Vince was flicking through the pages of his script making notes when he came across an old note that wasn't in his handwriting.

Recognising the writing style he smiled to himself.

Harriet had left him notes on the last few pages, against various lines of the dialogue, suggestions on how to reword what he was trying to say, adding comical quips when she thought something was funny. It was almost like he'd handed his work to a teacher and he'd been graded on it. It was when he reached the last page he noticed that there was writing on the back.

'I think this is incredible Vince, really well written and funny. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

I can't wait to see you live in action at the next venue! Sorry for leaving the party so soon!

Harriet x'

Harriet must have written it the night she left when she was on the bus by herself.

He frowned, a crease forming between his eyebrows. No one else wrote on his work, other writers that he'd called in to help were submitting short essays that were typed up in times new roman font of suggested edits that he usually ignored because they lacked feeling and personality. In a couple of sentences, Harriet had managed to take Vince back to her bedroom where he was visibly shaking because he had been so scared to show anyone what he'd written. She had been the catalyst and she had been the cause of his inspiration and now she was gone, he'd let her leave. What had he done?

He grabbed a fresh piece of paper from the printer and began scribbling down an idea that was forming in his head.

*

Nicole had been true to her word and had sent a copy of her manuscript, which had been a surprise to Harriet. It was a great novel and hadn't needed much editing but she had been pleased to have been involved in another author's work.

It had taken just weeks to publish, Nicole being an established writer with a godsend of a publicist had her edged in front of the competition. Harriet bought a copy as soon as she had seen it sitting in the shop window and had noticed that Nicole had thanked her for all her help in the acknowledgement section. That had made her smile.

Nicole had invited Harriet to her nautical themed book launch party and had suggested that there was someone she'd like Harriet to meet. Harriet had immediately declined her offer to set her up but had been swayed into the meet by none other than Cupid himself Clive.

Love had well and truly been in the air as the final wedding arrangements had been organised. Clive, unfortunately for Harriet, had been sickly sweet and had been attempting to set her up with all manner of men. Some of which she had agreed to meet, if only to please Clive. She had actually come to terms with the idea of dating and even after a few terrible dates- she'd found one guy had been texting his friend all night under the table, sending him photos he'd tried to take up Harriet's skirt. Needless to say, she never saw him after that.-she was excited by the allure of potential romance.

"Harriet, this is Michael, the accountant I was telling you about?" Nicole introduced the pair.

Accountancy as a profession sounded dull and Harriet had built a picture in her mind of what she thought Michael looked like. She was pleasantly surprised.

"Pleased to meet you, Harriet. I hear you are writing another novel."

Michael's hands were large, manly and warm as he shook Harriet. His accent was British, Westminster posh which complimented the large 'should have gone to Specsavers' hipster frames that perched on the bridge of his nose.

He was not an unattractive man by any means, Harriet even would go as far to say he had a bit of a Tom Hiddleston look about him.

"Yes, I'm writing a romantic comedy about a flight attendant and an uptight businessman."

He nodded, the curly locks bouncing up and down on his forehead.

"Sounds a bit like a Mills and Boon type of thing. I'm afraid I'm not one for romantic novels so I haven't read your book but my sister is a huge fan of your articles online."

"Is there any way I could persuade you to read my book?" A playful smile emerged across Harriet's face.

"Hmm. I'm not sure," he caught her smile, returning a stunning smile that caught Harriet off guard if only for a moment, "maybe get a few drinks first and then maybe I'll let you read me a few passages."

Harriet linked her arm through Michael's taking a leap of confidence as she began leading him towards the bar.

"We better get started then!"

*

Michael and Harriet walked down the aisle of the church, her arm in his as they approached the vicar.

They had followed the particularly overzealous flower girl, the four-year-old niece of Clive's other half Brendan before they had taken their places either side of the groom.

Clive was eagerly waiting for Brendan to arrive and had an enormous grin plastered on his face as he waved at Harriet's arrival.

The doors opened as the orchestral wedding march began and Brendan emerged with his father on his arm.

Glancing at Clive Harriet noticed his smile had softened and there was a gloss to his eyes which hadn't been there moments before. She wondered if this would ever happen for her. Things had been going well with Michael and she wondered if they were the kind of couple who could get married.

Michael was looking over at Harriet as Brendan took his place beside Clive. Their eyes met momentarily before Harriet smiled and looked away as if he had caught her thinking something embarrassing.

Michael was a firm believer of 'the one' and had no doubts that Harriet was his.