5.

You wake up to the sun beating against the closed blinds, your head throbbing as you lift it from the mount of pillows you'd piled up beneath you as you slowly take in your surroundings. The room is bare, not in the way that it is void of anything, more like there is nothing on the walls as you would expect. The dresser in the corner is clean and organised save for one draw which is close to spilling its contents of long sleeved shirt onto the floor. You glance at the clock on the nightstand beside you, groaning when you see 1:39pm shining brightly back at you. Now you know why your head hurts, and your bones feel as if they're made of lead. You'd overslept.

You lie back against the pillows, snuggling up under the blanket not ready to face what the day has in store for you. You know Yoongi is expecting an explanation but you're not sure you can give him one. He's bandmates and best friends with Jungkook, you doubt he will take your side, or even believe you over him. You huff, blowing the strands of hair which had fallen onto your face out of the way and throw the blanket off your body. You may as well get this over with.

You stand slowly making your way to the door, your mind occupied with trying to figure out what you're going to say. You open the door expecting to hear the sound of the television or at least some sort of music that Yoongi is always playing, but you are only met with the silence of the apartment. You walk down the short corridor turning into the kitchen as you wipe the sleep from your eyes. In look around the room with a yawn noticing immediately that there is no one there. You glance over the back of the couch noticing the clanked and pillows Yoongi had used last night are placed neatly on the armrest.

Your stomach growls prompting you to head for the kitchen. You round the bench your eyes immediately falling on a piece of paper lying flat against the surface. You glance down, seeing your name scrawled at the top.

'Y/N, got called in for a dance practice, help yourself to anything. I'll be back this afternoon. We'll talk then.. Yoongi'

Relief washes through you now that you know where he is and the fact that you have time to figure out your next move without worrying about him walking through the door any second. You turn the kettle on, needing coffee to fully wake you up. You glance through his cupboard, not finding anything particularly interesting in his scarce selection of food before closing it again. You're not sure if your stomach could handle any food right now anyway.

You flop yourself down onto the couch with your coffee, snuggling yourself into the armrest and breathing in the scent that is singularly Yoongi. You feel comforted knowing that he's here to help you, yet you can't help but think that Jungkook used to care that much once upon a time.

You flip through the television channels sighing when there is nothing of interest. You get up, keeling in front of the cabinet holding the tv and search through his movie collection. After not recognising title after title you grab one at random and shove it into the tv, only so you can have something to distract you from your own thoughts.

It doesn't work as you sit back down on the couch, the image of Jungkook you walked in on last night sticking in your mind. You wonder where you went wrong, if you had done something to make him cheat on you. Sadness weighs heavily on you as wonder if you ever meant anything to him. You know you two had issues and you never expected to get a couple of the year award, but you thought you had something.

You thought you meant something to him.

Anger bubbles up in you then, how could he be so selfish? You think about the night of Tae's birthday, how he had accused you of having feelings for Tae. How he had called you a slut and proceeded to act like the victim. You always knew he had a temper, but the way you saw him that night, so hateful and angry, it was a side of him you had not seen. And it had terrified you.