11.

You knock tentatively on the door. At any other time you would have barged in and declared that you were spending time with him, but things have changed. You can't even remember the last time you really spent with Tae, just the two of you. Even before everything got bad with Jungkook you could sense a shift in the closeness of yours and Tae's friendship. It was if he was trying to put distance between the two of you, but for the life of you, you couldn't figure out why.

His deep voice tells calls for you to enter and you push the door open slowly, glancing around the room as you step it.

"Tae," You call softly after finding the front room empty.

He rounds the corner of his bedroom and stops immediately when he sees you. His face contorts into something you can't describe before falling neutral once again.

"Y/N..." He breathes out, leaning against the corner of the wall.

"Did I interrupt something?" You ask, feeling awkward in the uncomfortable atmosphere of the room.

He shrugs before walking forwards towards his small kitchen. "No, I just didn't expect you."

You swallow, not knowing how to go about talking to him. You walk up to the kitchen bench and rest your hands against the cold surface, stalling for time. "Yeah, I wanted to talk to you."

He raises his eyebrows, his whole face softening as it contorts in confusion. "Why?"

You sigh, why does he have to act so coy?

You look right at him and open your mouth, figuring you just need to say it then be done with it, but he cuts you off as he gestures behind you.

"Want to play some video games?"

You shut your mouth with a smack, now is your turn to look confused. Why does he suddenly want to play video games with you? He doesn't give you a chance to reply as he walks around the bench and begins fiddling with the buttons on the television. You join him, sitting on the couch as you wait for him to finish. He gives you a small smile as he sits on the couch beside you, holding out a controller.

"I just brought this new game, but it's more fun with someone else."

You smile back at him, not sure what else you should do.

This isn't uncharted territory for the two of you, so you're not sure why there is such heavy tension between you. You were the closest to Tae out of all the boys, with Jungkook as the exception, and you used to spend hours playing video games and watching movies with Tae, and the two of you formed a deep friendship. A friendship that Jungkook obviously felt threatened enough by to accuse you of cheating on him.

Tae shuffles closer to you, his arm brushing yours every now and again as his arms move in jerky movements across the controls. Neither of you speak again and you feel yourself becoming more comfortable in his presence, similar to how you used to be as you find yourself smiling at his whines and squeals as you beat his character to a pulp. You'd always been better than him at these kinds of games.

"Dammit!" He whines, as his character falls to the ground, the taunting KO flashing across the screen as you grin triumphantly.

"Sorry, Taetae," You say, unable to wipe the grin off your face.

He throws the controller onto the couch in defeat and leans against you, his hair tickling your cheek. "Can't you just let me win one time?" He reminds you of a small child with his arms crossed over his chest, his lips formed into a pout. You smile fondly at him, glad that things seem to have returned to normal.