Chapter Three.

I quickly threw my hair up in a messy bun and slipped on my slippers and walked out of my room and down the stairs to leave my house to go see what Kaden is doing. Funny, he wasn't home yesterday and neither was his parents and Angela. I guess they stayed at a family house overnight. I was out most of the day yesterday over at Melanie house until my date at seven with Logan then he took me home.

Last night was...okay. I mean, it was totally fun to hang out with Logan, but it wasn't as much as fun as I ever had with Kaden. My mind was on Kaden a lot yesterday, though. I felt bad since I would sometime block out from Logan and think of Kaden. But I was surprised to see after he dropped me off, he kissed my cheek. I felt like I could explode, but I was disappointed when he didn't ask me to be his girlfriend yet.

But now it's morning time and I'm going to see Kaden and ask how his family reunion was. I walked out my house with closing the door behind me and jogged over to Kaden house. I knocked on the door a few times and whistled to myself, waiting for someone to answer.

After a few moments of nothing, I knocked again, but no one came. My eyebrows forward together in confusion and I crawled behind a bush that was in front of window and peeked in threw the slight of the curtains. I put my hands against the window to block out the sun. Hmm, the living room is empty.

Where are they?

I turned around and looked down the street to see if Claire or Joe car was around, but I didn't see it.

I took out my cell phone out of my back pocket and texted Kaden, asking if he was home.

Monday

I was getting a little worried.

I dropped my school bag on the couch when I got home from school-not to mention I had to ride the freaking loud bus-and made my way up to my room.

Where the hell is Kaden? Where is his little sister and parents?

He didn't come to school today and no one has heard from him at all ever since Friday. Did something happen to him? Did he and his family get in a car wreck and no one has found the car since it could possibly be in a ditch somewhere?

Oh, look at me! I'm just being paranoid. I threw my body on my bed and took out my cell phone. I got one text from Logan and two from Melanie, one being a forward. I sighed to myself and checked them. I texted Kaden at least five times and called him twice, but I haven't gotten anything in return.

But is it wrong for me to worry?

No.

So, where in the hell is my friend?

Wednesday

"Jesse, you have to stop stressing over this." Melanie said when she looked up from her magazine and saw me pacing in my room as I bit down on my nails. I couldn't stop from moving though, I was freaking out! Jeez, I can actually feel my heart beat in my ears! It's been like this for the past two days! I'm really worried about Kaden and his family.

"I can't!" I said, throwing my hands in the air. "Kaden hasn't been in school for the past three days and I haven't seen in five! He won't text me back and when I try to call him, his phone would go straight to voicemail. Melanie, I'm really worried," I said, sitting down next to her.

She put her magazine down and went to her best friend mood, "I know, Jesse. I'm also worried...everyone is. But all the teachers said his family went on a last minute vacation."

"Kaden wouldn't go on a last minute vacation without telling me.", I said in a 'duh' way. "Or anything one else. It would be a thing for him to brag about."