Chapter Eighteen.

I helped my father over to the couch and he groaned he sat down, "You need anything, daddy?",

"No, well, actually, I could use a shoulder massage.", he said and I rolled my eyes as I started rubbing his shoulders. I couldn't get the imagine of poor Claire on a bed with bandages everywhere and her face was so bruised up. And her right arm in a cast and so is her right leg. They had to put her on an oxygen tank and it just wasn't a pleasant sight.

What was harder was to see Joe actually break down crying then see Angela also. Kaden was getting his tough act on, but I could see his eyes gloss up sometimes.

Doctors say it's a low chance, but she could pass away in her sleep. That was what broke Kaden and I held him in my arms. It was such a painful depressing sight. It took all me and Kaden to put Joe in the car since he pretty seemed like someone just shut him off.

My dad nose scrunched up in pain, but he told me to keep going. My mom rubbed his shoulder with her good arm and smiled at him.

I looked at my parents and saw that they didn't need a curse to make them love each other. I can see that they love each other very much.

Now all I have to figure out if the love Kaden feels for me is feel or just cause of the curse.

Two and half weeks later...

I was putting my hoop earrings in as I walked down the steps. I wanted to see how Kaden, Angela, and Joe were doing before I have to leave with my parents cause we were going over to my dad news friends house who just started working at the company with my dad.

My dad neck recovered a few days ago, so he doesn't have that silly neck brace. My mom arm still healing, but she decided to still go.

Logan--to my very surprise--at a late baseball try out. He talked to his couch about letting him try out and kept bugging him. He doesn't care that his legs still hurts sometimes, he still just wants to be apart of the team.

I walked out of my house and went over to Kaden's house. I knocked on the door and when Angela opened it, she wasn't her usual happy self like always. They all been real depressed since seeing Claire. The one who's horribly depressed is Joe.

Like Kaden said, when a Lycan loses his Bounder, he goes threw depressed and madness. Claire isn't gone, but there a chance she could be and it's killing Joe inside. He looked horrible to. His hair getting so long and he actually growing a beared. Kaden lucky if he can get him in the shower. He hasn't been to work since the accident and he always stuck in his room and or at the hospital. He hasn't been eating much and he's getting horribly to skinny.

"Hey Jesse.", Angela said, looking me up and down. "You look pretty.",

I looked down at my blue jeans and layered white tanktop and medium sleeve baby blue shirt and brown uggs. "Thanks, Anges. Kaden home?",

She nodded, "Yeah, he's trying to get dad to take a shower again.", she said and sighed heavily. "Come on in. I have to get back upstairs to try and do my homework.", she said, turning around and I walked in, closing the door behind me.

As I walked up the stairs, I heard Kaden talking to his dad about a shower. I walked into Joe room and saw Joe leaning against the head board with his head down as he looked at his lap. He was in sweats and a baggy t-shirt. I frowned and walked up to the bed.

"Come on, dad. You stink and your hair greasy. Mom wouldn't like seeing you like this.", Kaden said.

Joe sighed heavily, "Kaden, just get out. I just want to be alone.",

"You always want to be alone, but at times like this, you shouldn't be. Angela needs you right now.", Kaden said.

"Shouldn't you be at soccer patience?", Joe asked. "Go practice and leave me alone. Even, Hayden High needs their star champ there. I'll be fine.",